easiest way to make a p7 mag multi mode?

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
im thinking the d2flex driver unless anyone knows an easier/cheaper/better way

my p7 mag uses 3 x D cells, i like a it a lot but would like it to have a low, a medium and max, and or a few in between.

i also need someone to do it for me, my soldering skills are bad enough to destroy a new driver (AGAIN)

if you have a driver, and want to do this for me im very interested.

spc

Enlightened
You got it, D2flex works well on a DD p7 mag. You need to mod the switch for momentary. PM sent

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
i like the shiningbeam 3mode 2.8A driver. only 7 bucks

true its good enough,

i just ordered the d2flex @ $27, im hoping it has the flexibility and build and features to make it worthwhile.

should give me a very long running (3xD nimh cells) multi mode p7 mag.

spc

Enlightened
the shining beam driver may be cheaper, but in my opinion, direct drive with d2flex will be better :D
waddup you PM box is full!

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
the shining beam driver may be cheaper, but in my opinion, direct drive with d2flex will be better :QUOTE]

I was wondering, what makes the d2flex better than the standard 7135 driver?
The reason I'm asking is because i was trying to decide between the two drivers.

thanks

saltytri

Enlightened
the shining beam driver may be cheaper, but in my opinion, direct drive with d2flex will be better :QUOTE]

I was wondering, what makes the d2flex better than the standard 7135 driver?
The reason I'm asking is because i was trying to decide between the two drivers.

thanks

Variable levels, if that's what you're after.

spc

Enlightened
The d2flex doesnt regulate current, so your power configuration needs to match the emitter. (In this case 3xnimh does)

But yeah if your after modes, cant beat it. It has many programmable modes, bike, fixed and flashlight modes also temp sensing. Plus cant beat Taskleds service.

Hill

Enlightened
+1 for taskled products and service.

George has never left me in the dark:D

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
there are quite a few 7135 drivers with 3 levels. You soft press quickly to get low, med, or hi, then full press to latch-on once you get whatever level you want. Some memorize last level. This uses a standard switch so no switch-modifying is needed.

They are fairly efficient i'm told, plus there is no stand-by drain because once you latch-off, the circuit is completely disconnected from the battery like any standard clicky.

These drivers are not adjustable but they come in many different configurations to suit most people.

The taskled drivers look pretty high quality overall though. They have the temperature control, max current control, etc. The multi-level taskled drivers do have standby drain but its small.

Last edited: