I need a pizza delivery light!!!!

Size15's

Flashaholic
My Pelican MityLite Magnum has the most narrow beam I've ever seen. It makes it almost useless for illuminating. I've read that this is no atypical.

I assume that the Magnum Plus will have much the same beam shape.

The beam is quite bright and white - not SureFire, but then far better than MagLite...

What an I suggesting? Maybe a SureFire 8NX?
Rechargeable, and SureFire beam quality...

Or, maybe a Pelican StealthLite which only requires one hand to switch on... The Pelican dealer told me not to waste my money on the rechargeable version. Nice of him
grin.gif

Al

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recommend two lights. The Pelican StealthLite and the Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA. Both are bright and have switches. The Stealthlite has a head mounted switch but can still be operated with one hand. The ProPolymer has a momentary tailcap switch and twist the head for constant on. The beam on the Stealthlite is narrow but the surrounding light should do the job. I don't have a 4AA ProPolymer but if it's like the 2AA it's beam would be narrow too.

Don't rule out the Maglite. I'd say a 2 or 3 cell in D or C size should do the trick. You can tap on for momentary use or click for constant on. The C Cell is light enough to carry from the car to the door
grin.gif

Brock

Flashaholic
I would second DavidW. Although I would choose the Streamlight Propolymer first, then the Pelican Stealth. The Propolymer has a tail momentary on switch or twist the head for constant use and it has little smoother beam. The Stealth is very sturdy but has a tiny switch near the head. They both use 4 AA batteries.

Brock

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I deliver pizza's part time and I need a light to see house numbers at night. I have been using a princeton tec rage, good light but requires two hands free to twist on. I need a light quite often and my e2 could get somewhat costly. what about the pelican magnum plus AA? it is tailcap operated, intermittent, small, but what about beam quality? Any other cheap lights you can recommend? Thanks a bunch

Doug
grin.gif

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i would use my old q beam that plugs into the cigarrette lighter.
might scare your customer when you light up half the block with it though.
shocked.gif

Frank

Newly Enlightened
My wife delivers pizzas 1-2 nights a week. She uses a 4 AA light. I think it's a Pelican but I'll have to check. It's bright but it eats up the batteries. A D cell Maglite is too heavy and bulky to carry through big apartment complexes with a stack of pizzas.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
---------------------------------------------
Quote - Frank - A D cell Maglite is too heavy and bulky to carry to carry through big apartment complexes
---------------------------------------------

Hi checker,

Over here in the UK, my friendly local driver says " Pizza delivery can be a tricky business "
shocked.gif

To state the obvious
rolleyes.gif
, I have heard that it is not unknown for LEO's and other professionals to carry large Mag-Lites for the reassurance factor of a respectable, heavy aluminium torch. ( Torch - that's the proper
tongue.gif
term for flashlight, it's not easy learning American at my age )

What about the Mag-charger - maybe too expensive ? but saves in battery costs, focuses from spot to flood, etc. It is about 10mm longer than a 3D. ( In fact, I have some questions about this unit, which I will post in a separate thread )

smile.gif
Personally, I someday want a flashlight with a beam that will COOK a pizza !
smile.gif

Lite-Lover

Ps - kc8adu, where can I find a link for info on the q beam ?
confused.gif

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
the qbeam is a brinkman product.
got my 2 cheap .1 at a yard sale and the other in the trunk of an old car i bought for parts.so i dont know cost.
see quite a few at flea markets here for some reason.