Photobucket

cityevader

Enlightened
I first started using photobucket just so I could post two pics in a forum.
Then I joined other forums.
The pics started out somewhat randomly, as I merely wanted to post a pic here and there. I was unaware that any changes in photobucket affected pictures imbedded into posts. Now my album has grown considerably with everything in one big unorganized mess.

So does anybody know if there is a way to reorganize a single album into multiple/separate albums without losing every picture post ever made? I already experimented once by posting a pic, then moving into a different "album" and rechecking the post, and the pic was replaced with the little red "x".

boo5ted

Enlightened
Nope, you will loose all of the posted pics if you change the directory of them. I started using photobucket at first but now I use flickr instead. The quality of the pictures on photobucket sucks in comparison to flickr IMO. I'm not sure what photobucket does when you upload pictures but you can see in the two pics. They are the exact same picture taken with my Nikon D40 on auto. Neither is adjusted at all and the difference is amazing. :eek:

Photobucket:

muhtruk.jpg

Flickr:

4464937337_48c758883c.jpg

Last edited:

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that is a huge difference.

I think Webshots changed something last year. My pictures used to come out so clear and now they seem to have lost the pop like your first picture does compared to the second.

cityevader

Enlightened
I didn't even think about making copies, great idea!!!! Now I can have my lights and smokers and bikes and house and...etc in they're own special place to quickly scan through only what I choose enstead of all in one folder.

That Flickr comparison is making me want to give them a whirl! Since I'll be doing ooodles of cut/paste making new folders, I may as well do that into a new site, as long as it passes a trial run, and hopefully more user-friendly than Photobucket.

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
+1 To Flickr

I have a pro account & it is so easy to change how they are organized.

When you upload the picture it goes into one big album or "Photo stream".

But when you apply a "Set" to it, it groups them together, then you can have many "set's" in a "collection".

This has the benefit of when you change a pic's set or collection it is just a setting that is applied to the pic so the actual location stays the same unlike with Photobucket which moves the actual file from one folder to another.

Also Flickr has a neat little uploader application that allows you to select the pic's you want to upload, set their attributes (Sets, Name, Comments, Keywords, safety rating (i.e. restricted for adult content), etc)

cityevader

Enlightened
Well, I finally got around to setting up a Flickr account, but need help with image codes. In Photobucket, merely dragging the cursor over a photo will bring up the img code for copy/paste, but in Flickr can't for the life of me figure out where to get the img code. How's it work?

boo5ted

Enlightened
For Flickr you have to click on "all sizes" right above the pic. Then scroll down and the img link will be there. If you actuall want post the image instead of the link you have to put codes around them like this "[ img ] [ /img] ". Just leave off the quotes and the spaces and your image will show in your post.

cityevader

Enlightened
Like this? wish I didn't have to type out the image tags before and after. The "insert pic" icon doesn't do anything except put a little red x on the screen.

4767908234_023e11bd17_b.jpg

boo5ted

Enlightened
Perfect, I know what I'm having for lunch now thanks. LOL. If you use the insert image tool it will automatically puts the "http://" in the link. If there is two of them you could get the red X.

cityevader

Enlightened
Perfect, I know what I'm having for lunch now thanks. LOL. If you use the insert image tool it will automatically puts the "http://" in the link. If there is two of them you could get the red X.

that works too...thanks! ABT's (Atomic Buffalo Turds or bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapenos) are good too! While Flickr is faster overall, it takes a few more steps to copy, but it works.

4767906298_03e16ddf1f_b.jpg

boo5ted

Enlightened
Lighter, darker whatever, the pictures are the exact same one that I uploaded to both of the sites. The photobucket one looks horrible compared to the flickr one to me. If I view the picture on my computer it looks just like the one from flickr. To me that is a big difference in quality. :rolleyes:

cityevader

Enlightened
Not just lighter...but sharper and clearer too. Very different if seen side by side.
However, if you didn't know they were different, and they weren't side by side, would you even notice? Kinda like comparing lights,say, 70 lumens to 100. Yeah they're different, but if you just turned one on and didn't know which it was, you may not be able to tell.

The main difference is how user friendly is the website. Flickr seems to have more steps involved, but each step is vastly faster. Now, I've only just dabbled in flickr, and probably am doing things the long way without realizing. For example, do I really have to go into a set, click a picture, click open photo page, click all sizes, and then copy.....vs photo bucket dragging a pointer and having code already pop up. But Photobucket is just too darn slow.

Last edited:

boo5ted

Enlightened
Not just lighter...but sharper and clearer too. Very different if seen side by side.
However, if you didn't know they were different, and they weren't side by side, would you even notice? Kinda like comparing lights,say, 70 lumens to 100. Yeah they're different, but if you just turned one on and didn't know which it was, you may not be able to tell.

The main difference is how user friendly is the website. Flickr seems to have more steps involved, but each step is vastly faster. Now, I've only just dabbled in flickr, and probably am doing things the long way without realizing. For example, do I really have to go into a set, click a picture, click open photo page, click all sizes, and then copy.....vs photo bucket dragging a pointer and having code already pop up. But Photobucket is just too darn slow.

No just right click on the picture you want and a box will come up with different choices. Just press "copy image address", you only have to click on all sizes if you want a larger or smaller photo to post.

so i was just trying to upload some pictures on to photobucket, and theyve changed stuff around... im stupid and to drunk to figure out how to upload off my macbook, please help.

Goto the album you want your pics in and press upload images and videos. Now just open the location of where the photos are and select them.

Last edited:

cityevader

Enlightened
In no areas of flickr have I found any right click that brings up an image code or address....I'm not drunk, but I am stupid.