• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Silver 3D Hotwire Maglite

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
FS: Silver 3D Hotwire Maglite (Weekend-Deal)

WITHDRAWN

Last edited:

troller_cpf

Enlightened
what kind of batteries can you use with the 100W 64625 bulb?

is there any battery included?

thanks!

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the graph about the 64625 bulb from LuxLuthor's thread. So you can basically use any battery combination up to 14.2V BUT (and a big but) the batteries have to handle the high current. So I recommend you to use 32650 li-ion cells. Normally they are to long for usage in a 3D Maglite. That's why you'll also get the extension when buying the light.

There are no batteries included in the sale.

rayman

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's indeed a great mod. Thank you for you great thread about it :thumbsup:. That's were I got the idea from.

rayman

mrartillery

Enlightened
Curious about your reflector "brand", is it a Britelumens or KD? I need a couple for some builds Im working on and hadnt bought any standard reflectors in awhile but Ive heard people have been having some issues as of late with the Britelumens, and was just curious.

Thanks

Last edited:

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's that one from KD. You'll get a great flood beam with decent throw. Bought many OP reflectors from KD and I always was very content with them.

rayman

mrartillery

Enlightened
Good deal, I thought the texture was very similiar to KD, their texture seems to be a little more fine than the Britelumens IMO.

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're right, just compared it to one of the Britelumens OP reflectors I have and they texture of the KD one seems a little bit finer.

rayman

dannyk

Newly Enlightened
Here is the graph about the 64625 bulb from LuxLuthor's thread. So you can basically use any battery combination up to 14.2V BUT (and a big but) the batteries have to handle the high current. So I recommend you to use 32650 li-ion cells. Normally they are to long for usage in a 3D Maglite. That's why you'll also get the extension when buying the light.

There are no batteries included in the sale.

rayman

Hi I am interested...sent you a pm. Quick question: can it take IMR 26500? how many?

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sent you a mail.

Yes it can take IMR 26500. Just measured it the 3x 32650 I wanted to use are 19,9cm long and from AW's specs the 4x IMR 26500 are about 20,2cm long. So this will fit fine but you'll need some kind of adapter because of the smaller diameter. I saw many use a PVC tube. 4x IMR 26500 was also an idea of me but I think I'll stay a LED-fan even if I really like the incan-tint ;).

rayman

dannyk

Newly Enlightened
Hi Rayman, thanks for the info! Did you manage to solve the 32650 battery one of three failure? Read that in an older thread....a wee bit concerned too that the switch isnt soft start. cheers

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Answered your mail. I think the problem was that the batteries from KD are of not that great quality. But I made you a suggestion in the mail regarding a soft-starter.

rayman

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
:bumpit:

The curcuit consists only out of the KIU socket and the Rocker switch. I modded the Maglite so the resistance is as low as possible. I only had problems because the batteries were of low quality as they also failed in my P7 Maglite. With batteries of higher quality you want have any problems ;).

rayman