Quarks with installed clips from Nitecore EX10/D10?

ky70

Banned
Hello Folks,

I'm looking for my next EDC (like I need another one) and I really, really like the styling of the Nitecore EX10/D10...I like everything about the lights except for the maximum lumens output on Li-on 3.7v of 145 lumens (50 more lumens please).

So I'm also considering the quarks (own the mini 123 and love it) but the clip position is a turn off for me as my preferred method of carry is DPC (deep pocket clipped) and the quark clips don't allow for this (hopefully this will be adjusted on future models).

I've seen a few folks with pics of their quarks with nitecore clips installed and the pics look great, but the pics are always from the frontside of the light/clip and you can't see what's going on in the background (screw protuding, etc...).
So I'm hoping 1) someone with a nitecore clip mounted on their quark can show me a pic from behind the clip backing so I can see what it looks like back there and 2) please share the installation process of mounting the clip (can it be done without a drill).

Thanks in advance for the direction.

Last edited:

sjmack

Newly Enlightened
I have personally never seen this setup, but I'm sure its easy enough to rig up.

Judging by the thickness of my D10 vs my Quark 123, the quark is slightly thicker. You may not even end up having any overhang from the screws.

Edit: I agree about the pocket clip for the Quarks. The clip is great, but the positioning is awful.

Last edited:

ky70

Banned
Thanks SJ, I would love to install a nitecore clip on the quark 123

blub

Enlightened
I put this EX-10 clip on my titanium Quark 123, it was thicker than the regular 123, I had to drill one hole because it didn't line up properly and used longer screws.

Quark123.jpg

ky70

Banned
Thanks Bulb, any pics from the back side of the clip at the connection point? I still can't invision what the back looks like (i.e., the screws)

jcw122

Enlightened
That looks excellent, I would love to learn how to do this properly.

blub

Enlightened
Thanks and you're welcome, here you go. Here are the screws, clip wrench and little threaded backing plate nut piece that goes on the inside of the rim next to the tailswitch. The other is a picture of one on a D-10. Sorry, the Quark is at work, I used an old picture in the first post.

1-20.jpg

2-12.jpg

Last edited:

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I used the screws that came with the clip. They work fine.
1. Hold the clip up to light and align one of the clips holes with one in the tail cap.
2. Mark second hole to be drilled.
3. Drill hole.
4. Assemble clip to tail cap.

Do not over tighten and I may suggest a bit of thread lock. I've done an aluminum single AA and a Ti123 with a standard battery drill and patience.
Sorry for poor picture quality, trying to post just before bed.

jcw122

Enlightened
Wow just realized you had to drill through titanium for the Quark? That's pretty cool hahaha.

Thanks for the photos, I didn't realize there was a backplate...I was wondering how that worked!

ky70

Banned
Thank you blub and think2x,this is exactly the detail that I was looking for. That titanium quark looks stellar with that nitecore clip

sjmack

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, that really does look great. The nickel plated clip flows really well with the titanium.