Prometheus        

Thread: Need opinions quick! 200L E2DL vs. LX2....which has better regulation?

Default Need opinions quick! 200L E2DL vs. LX2....which has better regulation?

As absurd as it sounds, I'm thinking the new 200L E2DL would have slightly better regulation cause its head seems to be lighter and thus would vent heat off to the air or your hand better than the LX2. Am I crazy?
    FAILURE TO PLAN ON YOUR PART DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMERGENCY ON MY PART.

Default Re: Need opinions quick! 200L E2DL vs. LX2....which has better regulation?

Well I just ordered the 200L E2DL. I probably wouldn't notice the difference...
    FAILURE TO PLAN ON YOUR PART DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMERGENCY ON MY PART.

Default Re: Need opinions quick! 200L E2DL vs. LX2....which has better regulation?

You will love it!! I have the same light! Wicked Powerfull!!

same light different body.
    Dallas Texas!!!!!

Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees

Quote Originally Posted by KDOG3 View Post
    As absurd as it sounds, I'm thinking the new 200L E2DL would have slightly better regulation cause its head seems to be lighter and thus would vent heat off to the air or your hand better than the LX2. Am I crazy?
    Assuming they both have similar thermal paths in terms of LED to head, then the main factor would be surface area of the head. The head with a larger surface area would be able to lose heat to the air faster. Another thing worth considering is the thermal interface to the body. I think in this case it is a wash.