to re-attach a lens....HELP!!!!

mianvilo

Newly Enlightened
Hello guys,as a newbie I'm very curious,but also very clumsy...
I was checking a Q5 module for a P60 host and unfortunately ,I hit the little aspherical lens over the led and it separated ,my question is, if I can reattach it again.
The module is a cheap one from DX and the lens was attached with some kind of clear silicone,I have already cleaned ,both the lens and the LED,but,wish to know if I can save the module.
Thanks in advance :wave:

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those on chip lenses don't ever go back on properly. It will probably die quickly without it, the only option is replacement of the LED or module.

mianvilo

Newly Enlightened
Those on chip lenses don't ever go back on properly. It will probably die quickly without it, the only option is replacement of the LED or module.

It is working fine ...until now, but the beam is so ugly without the little lens.
Ok... no big loss here,but I was wondering ,which is that kind of translucid material,kind of a jelly which the LEDs are filled up?

and thanks for your reply.
Regards

Flashlight Enthusiast
AFAIK it is some type of silicone gel, I don't believe it ever actually cures which is why some of those lenses are known to fall off when hit. It definitely completely changes the optical characteristics of the entire light, so the beam will be totally off, as the focal point of the LED is no longer the same as the reflector.