NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        

Thread: Why doesn't my Novatac EDC clip work on my Ra EDC-T

Default Why doesn't my Novatac EDC clip work on my Ra EDC-T

Sorry for my ignorance. Like the title says why doesn't my Novatac EDC Flat Pocket Clip-New Style from Lighthound work on my Ra EDC-T. Was playing LEGOs lastnight and decided to try this and my Ra EDC-T would not turn on. I know it has to do with contact. Thought this would work and saw a photo of it from one of the members. Had bought it for my Novatac Storm but saw how difficult it was to remove the Strom Bezel so I tried it on my Ra. Thought Novatac, HDS and RA stuff could be Legoed.

Default Re: Why doesn't my Novatac EDC clip work on my Ra EDC-T

BigLou,

If your light has one of the older-style battery compartment, there is no gap for the clip. However, if you have the older style without holes in the switch cap - which you apparently do - there is a mod that will fix your problem.

Start by unscrewing and removing the switch cap. On the end of the battery compartment you will see two U-shaped wires. You can gently bend these wires up slightly - perhaps 1/16 to 1/8 inch. This will span the extra space introduced by the pocket clip. Now replace the switch cap. The switch should now work properly.

You will discover that the pocket clip you are trying to use is overly large in diameter because it was not designed for your light. However, it will work.

Our lights cannot generally be legoed with parts from the other manufacture you mention. The two lights are quite different. The pocket clip happens to fit but most other parts will not.

Henry.
    HdsSystems.com - advanced multilevel flashlights, RaLights.com - second brand for HDS Systems

Thanks for the reply and the Mod tip Mr. Henry. Wow! A response from "The Man" himself. I have decided to just put the stock deep carry bezel up MOLLE compatible clip. I also decided to bring her out instead her of being a Shelf Queen.

I did the same thing with mine, but I never experienced any kind of failure. I tried the bezel mount but finally went with the tail mount bacause the lens rattled with it on the bezel. It's a new light, but I have no idea about any holes in the tailcap. The ring is a slightly larger diameter, but it works fine.