Guess I have always been.....................

goldenboy

Newly Enlightened
A "flashaholic". Just didnt know it. Have spent most of my adult life in search of the "perfect" light. And I have owned literally dozens. Mainly for my work. From a Machinist Mate in the USN to an HVAC mechanic as a civilian. My most expensive and most reliable (brightest too) EDC (at work) was my SF 8NX about 4 years ago. But, the NiCads have finaly taken such a short memory lately that I could no longer rely on it for a full days work. So, it is an around the shop, on the charger when not in use torch now. Yea, I had been draining them 100% each time B-4 charging. And sometimes even cooling them off a little in the shop fridge BV-4 charging. Went looking for a brighter replacement, longer battery life. Longer bulb life. And found you good folks. I had NO IDEA that LED's had "evolved" soooooo much!!! Man, they are NICE!!! So, out comes the wallet, and now I own several for everything from work, to play, to vehicle. Just want to thank all of you that answered my first post for suggesting my first LED, the Quark 123x2 Tactical. It is on my side when not at work. Nice having an easy to operate, small but very bright, easy on the batterys (SF 123's that I can get for $2.00 ea) I have seen the light (quite literally) and are hooked. Next might be an Olight M20!!!:twothumbs

knightrider

Enlightened
Now that's a pretty big leap ahead in technology of lights for you. Going from the large SF to the smaller quark must be crazy feeling to you. Technology just keeps moving forward and the lights get brighter and more efficient all the time.

Have fun with your light, you choose a great led light to start with. :)