Broke my Fenix TA21... Need some help getting it back together...

AnonymousD

Newly Enlightened
Well I was messing with my Fenix TA21 today, and for some reason I decided to take the head off. Well I didnt know that it was a big no-no, and the ground and power wire came out with the head.

So I need to get this thing back together. My main question is where i can get the tools to take the little nuts with the two holes in them out. Cause thats the next thing that I cant get out. And after that, I will have to check it out and see what else I have to do.

Any help is appreciated.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Well I was messing with my Fenix TA21 today, and for some reason I decided to take the head off. Well I didnt know that it was a big no-no, and the ground and power wire came out with the head.

So I need to get this thing back together. My main question is where i can get the tools to take the little nuts with the two holes in them out. Cause thats the next thing that I cant get out. And after that, I will have to check it out and see what else I have to do.

Any help is appreciated.

Well, I don't have a TA21 and I'm not entirely sure what you are asking about... but you may be looking for some split-ring pliers? That's the first thing that comes to mind when you mention the nuts having 2 holes.

Any chance of some pictures?

AnonymousD

Newly Enlightened
No, its not those snap rings like that. Its like a thick washer with threads on the outside and it threads into the body of the light. And the tool needs to be long, cause this one is all they way in the body, like in front of the batteries.

Ill take some pics of the light when I get off work.

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know what you're talking about and needlenose pliers will work.

It looks like a threaded washer with two indentations on the face...almost like you tried to pound a large nail into the face of the washer at 3 and 9 o'clock.

If the washer looks like it's too far in the tube...there's probably another part of the tube that unthreads that you aren't realizing...this has happened to me before.

Pictures would be good if you can't figure it out though.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
I know what you're talking about and needlenose pliers will work.

It looks like a threaded washer with two indentations on the face...almost like you tried to pound a large nail into the face of the washer at 3 and 9 o'clock.

If the washer looks like it's too far in the tube...there's probably another part of the tube that unthreads that you aren't realizing...this has happened to me before.

Pictures would be good if you can't figure it out though.

Unfortunately it may be like with the older Maglites, they had a special tool that was the right (long) length to reach the retaining ring. The factory may have a set of tools for assembling this light...