TK40 owners' club?

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
O.K.,guys (and gals..) time to enlighten me...

How many Fenix TK40 owners do we have on CPF?

I know I love my TK40.(I keep it happy by feeding it it's favorite food-Eneloops..)

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use mine about 4-5 nights a week for about half an hour when walking the dog. Use it on high all the time and charge it once a week or so.

Got about thirty eneloops so there's always food for it.

krash

Newly Enlightened
Had the TK40 for 4 months now and still love it! amazing torch

There are many TK40 owners both on and off CPF. People can whine about how many batteries it takes, but the real owners know better. Dealers can try and knock it because AAs "were NEVER designed to sustain such high power loads" but Fenix knows better. And this is why they are developing more AA powered high output led lights.

If the TK40 was a failure they would stop making it and surely not continue to develop similar lights. The only way I could see it improved IMPO would be to add a selector ring.

c2k

Newly Enlightened
I have one too, which get used every night as an excuse to save electricity. I have different brands of food for this beast, which consists of energizer 2300 mAh, everyready 2000, Imedion 2100 and varta 2000. All up about 60 cells and counting

bodhran

Enlightened
I've had mine almost a year now and wouldn't trade it for the world. Such a great light and on eneloops, has'nt given me a bit of trouble. :thumbsup:

357mag1

Enlightened
Love my TK40s and the AA format. It is easier to find a quality charger for the AA batteries. AA batteries are not as touchy as the Li-Ion batteries.
The format is a little larger but all three of my TK40s are brighter than my TK30 on two Li-Ions.
Hopefully they will start designing flashlights to take advantage of the higher voltage provided by the Nizn AA batteries. Four Nizn put out 6.4 volts under load instead of 4.8 and I've seen them handle 4.5 amps of current draw while maintaining 1.6 volts.

USACelt

Newly Enlightened
I love mine and the batteries last longer than I thought they would. It's a great nightstand light for taking the dogs out. Only thing I would add is a side mounted switch.

GrnXnham

Enlightened
I have one too, which get used every night as an excuse to save electricity.

So how does this work?

"Okay, kids...tonight we turn off all the lights in the house. If we need to find our way around, you can use this here flashlight! And no TV watching either! If you need entertainment, make a little laser show on the wall with this here flashlight!"

This is, of course, followed by a collective groan from the kids. :)