My first Surefire is on it's way!

bedazzLED

Enlightened
OK, so I've been reading this forum now for around a year.

I've learnt so much (mainly how much I don't know) about torches, the great brands out there, and seen all the great work and effort all the forum members put into all the threads.

My budget has always been no more than $100 for a torch, except when I got my TK40, the Catapult, M1X and a few Eagletacs, ... :mecry:.

I could never figure out why somebody would spend so much money on the Surefire's, because on paper, there are a lot of other seemingly better torches out there.

But I thought to myself, all you learned flashaholic's are not going to continually hand out your hard-earned on a brand if it wasn't good, and write such beaming write-ups on them if they weren't exceptional.

So, I've been eye'ing off the Surefire LX2 for a while now, but most of the US sites won't sell the LX2 outside of USA, not sure why (eg: batteryjunction.com specifically states don't order it if you are outside of the USA).

We got a new flashlight website here in Australia recently, and it had the Surefire LX2 advertised on the website and in stock!

So I finally pulled the trigger on the Surefire LX2 Lumamax!

Can't wait until it arrives now, so I can see for myself, once and for all, why Surefire is so highly regarded by all you folks.

That Saint-minimus looks good too :D

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
im jealous!

i still havent pulled the trigger on a surefire yet, its funny cause im going to buy an E2DL or LX2 as a b-day gift for a friend. i cant warrant one for myself yet since i have other lights that ive neglected for so long.

congratz on the LX2! its one of the top lights on my wish list.

be sure to tell us what you think when you get it in your hands!

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure you are going to love it the LX2 is by far my best made nicest looking and best performing light I own. The TIR optic is incredible and you will soon learn just how well it performs with 200+ lumens beaming through it.

Now I mostly EDC the E2DL because I prefer the clicky over the twisty but they perform identically. If you do enjoy it like I think you will hide your wallet your going to want more. How about a E1B for the pocket :)

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Your life, as you know it, will change forever! You will have 200 beautiful lumens shining in gleaming white beauty OTF.

This light will be the master gem of your flashlight crown.

Your standard of living just went up. You will be the envy of all your friends who like flashlights.

This light will draw back the veil of new delights in the night. You will get a glimpse of things you never dreamed existed in the dark.

OK, I will stop now...congratulations on the LX2! Really, it is worth every penney.

Best wishes,

RL

Last edited:

sjmack

Newly Enlightened
Congrats on your first Surefire. I know you won't be disappointed. Once you get it in hand, you will realize why the company has such a following.

Larbo

Enlightened
I got to play with one a few months ago, its a sweet torch :thumbsup:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Woo Hooo ..... congrats on the first of many SFs :D

All I can say is, the first time you pick up a Surefire. you
will notice why Surefires are held in such high esteem

Brau0303

Newly Enlightened
SureFire makes an awesome product, got my 1st 6P something like 15 years ago and it still works great. have other SF lights as well and they are all fantastic lights. Congrats on a Light I am sure you will love.

Cheers :cool:
BR

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Just checked the PO box and looks like I'll have to wait until Monday now for the delivery to arrive.

The waiting is worse than the agonizing over whether I pull the trigger on the Surefire or not!

Oh well, I've waited this long, a few more days won't hurt (much..).

I'll simply have to investigate the E1B a little further while I wait ... :D

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll simply have to investigate the E1B a little further while I wait ... :D

Absolutely the E1B is by far my most used Surefire of them all, it goes great in the pocket and nice throw, nice feel, the best 1xcr123 light hands down.

After you get your LX2 and if you find the TIR optic to your liking then that probably means get one.

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Hi all.

Just to let you know I received my Surefire LX2 Lumamax today.

The verdict?

HOLY CRAP! This is one hell of a torch!
The build quality is just fantastic.
The beam is absolutely flawless and so white.
The throw is great.
It is actually a lot smaller than I thought it would be.

OK, I admit, it is expensive, but it certainly seems to be one hell of a torch.

I'm taking it out tonight to the local Gorge to give it a field test, along with some other 2xCR123 torches.

It will be accompanied by a Quark 123x2, Quark 123x2 Turbo, EagleTac T20C2, Fenix TK11, iTP SC2 Eluma, iTP I20 and the Olight M20, so it will be interesting to see how it compares. Looks like my trusty TK11 might have met it's match!

Will let you know how it goes.

The E1B Backup looks good to go, and I here there is an LX1 Lumamax in the pipeworks. I think my wallet just fainted! :D :twothumbs :twothumbs

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Hi all.

Just to let you know I received my Surefire LX2 Lumamax today.

The verdict?

HOLY CRAP! This is one hell of a torch!
The build quality is just fantastic.
The beam is absolutely flawless and so white.
The throw is great.
It is actually a lot smaller than I thought it would be.

OK, I admit, it is expensive, but it certainly seems to be one hell of a torch.

I'm taking it out tonight to the local Gorge to give it a field test, along with some other 2xCR123 torches.

It will be accompanied by a Quark 123x2, Quark 123x2 Turbo, EagleTac T20C2, Fenix TK11, iTP SC2 Eluma, iTP I20 and the Olight M20, so it will be interesting to see how it compares. Looks like my trusty TK11 might have met it's match!

Will let you know how it goes.

The E1B Backup looks good to go, and I here there is an LX1 Lumamax in the pipeworks. I think my wallet just fainted! :D :twothumbs :twothumbs

You're Hooked alright! Therapy will soon follow!:eek:

Have fun with your lights!

RL

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trust me, after playing with the LX2, you wouldn't really bother to play with the other lights that you have. That's exactly what happened to me. I have stopped using my Fenix entirely. Though I own the Quark tactical, I find myself reaching for the LX2 90% of the time. It's been 8 to 10 months now since I bought the LX2 and I still love it. It's the most fantastic piece of work that I have bought. Hope you like yours as much as I over mine.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gave up on all other lights, except the small speciality lights, such as Glo-Toob's , UV lights, and my Inova 24/7's. I kept telling my self "this light might be decent compared to my SF, but they never were. And now I have my 2nd U2 (and 23rd/24th Surefire) enroute. At least you had your "enlightning" early. My older L2 is still fun to use, so I haven't pulled the trigger on the Lx2...yet!

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
After have been used Fenix, EagleTacs, Nitecores, Olights I also got my first ever Surefires some month ago. I fell in love with the design of 6P and 9P models and apart from the black ones I have I am now waiting for a Gun Metal 6P.

I agree with that Surefire is something special. The highest possible output (which to quite a large degree is the main selling argument with the chinese lights) really isn't the most important. I am sure that it will not take a very long time until I have my first Surefire of the new production line. I am considering a G2D/G3D Fire rescue model. But I read somewhere they have a bluish tint, and that's not in my liking...

Regards, Patric

Last edited:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love my E1B and my Kroma. My first light was a Fenix P3D. I wasn't nearly as impressed with it as I was with the Surefires I got soon after. The M4 Devastator should be on my doorstep later this afternoon. Your back pocket will thank you for lightening the load. ;)

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Just got delivery of another SureFire winner!

Yep, I got the E1B Backup, and again, HOLY CRAP!

This is a GREAT little light, but I think SureFire cannot get their sums right when they are working out their lumen ratings. This thing has got to be way brighter than 80 lumens!

I cannot believe how bright, how focused and how far it can throw for it's size.

Just awesome!.

Now, when is that LX1 coming?
Hurry up SureFire, deliver us out of our misery and release the LX1!

Both the LX2 and E1B now sit prougly next to my TK40 on my desk, ready for action at the slightest provocation :D

Damn I hate this disease.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh wow now you got it bad for sure :D

The E1B is a heck of a little pocket performer and regulated well with primary's, most of my 1xcr123 light's don't regulate very well at all on primary's on it's highest mode but the E1B does.

crossliner67

Newly Enlightened
Cool:grin2:! I was given an oldschool incan Z2 Surefire by an American col. assigned in Iraq where he is head of some special forces whatchamacallit. He be a Viet vet but still very strong and fit to keep up w/ the young ones. Anyway he is currently renting my brother's upscale house and I do favors for him and his family here in the Philippines and boy I was so happy w/ the gift he gave last month when he visited his family. My 1st ever SF! In my country the price is almost times 2:drool:!