Help with light for P2000

FlameOn

Enlightened
I have an HK P2000 and am looking for a good combo light/rail to put on it...I don't want a dedicated light like the surefire since I'd like to use the light off the gun...I searched around and found the Fenix but it only showed it on an M4....any suggestions for an economical light and rail?...TIA

shipwreck

Enlightened
I have an HK P2000 and am looking for a good combo light/rail to put on it...I don't want a dedicated light like the surefire since I'd like to use the light off the gun...I searched around and found the Fenix but it only showed it on an M4....any suggestions for an economical light and rail?...TIA

In all the years I have been into guns, I do not believe I have ever seen anyone attach a handlight with a mount onto a handgun. You can get away with that on rifles (and I do), but for a handgun, you really need a dedicated light.

You would want something accessible with an easy switch - and even if you found a mount and light to fit on a gun - a tailcap switch would not be accessible with the trigger guard in the way.

apdb90

Newly Enlightened
While I'd recommend against what you're looking to do, and would highly recommend either going with a dedicated weapon mount light and a handheld light, or go with a First Light Tomahawk or Liberator (I prefer the Tomahawk ST and used one extensively in a LE application), there is one option that I'm aware of that would work for what you're looking to do if I understand you correctly. I T&E'd one for a while, and while it's decent, it's not the best way to go.

http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/rls/

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
The whole point of the WML is intuitive, quick switching while preparing to fire. You will not get that with a tailcap switch up against a trigger guard.

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yes....buy a Streamlight TLR-1. about $110 last I looked. They are tough as nails. A real bargain. Saves a lot of money over the Surefires and leaves a lot left over for a seperate hand-held light. You need a seperate light to go with a WML. Consider a SF Z2, and learn to shoot with it also as a back-up plan. That light was designed for shooting. With all the money you save with the TLR-1 you can splurge on a nice Oveready Z2, over-bored to 18mm, HA III, and Mcklicky switch.

Last edited:

Latest posts