ArmyTek        
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Show your CR2 lights!

Honorary Aussie

Default Re: Show your CR2 lights!

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix 100 View Post
    Thanks Magellan

Sorry for the slow reply - I am still trying to figure out how to use this forum - I have never been a member of a forum before

I have some spare cash, and I am looking to purchase some beautiful, expensive, custom flashlights, so any suggestion are helpful

Have been looking at the cool fall threads - my price range $ 500.00 to $ 2,000.00

Thanks
    Hi Matrix100,

I agree with fl0t as those are all great lights. I have a few of them and am very happy with them.

I'd go slow and look at the lights in the custom makers forum to see what they offer. Some of those are quite high end. Jeff Hanko and other collectible lights no longer in production can go for in excess of $1000. They come up for sale here occasionally. And Vinh just offered a limited edition T45C Ti for $1500 that unfortunately is sold out as there were only about a dozen or so made. I bought two but recently sold one to jmayot here since I couldn't sit on two if a CPF bro had none. He might be persuaded to part with his. It's an amazing light, I can try to find the original sales thread, and put you in touch with him if you're interested.

Then there's the so-called "exotics" such as the powerful HID (high intensity discharge) lights such as the Polarion Night Reaper, PH40, and PH50, which run $2000-$3000. These aren't customs but are high end production lights often built to tough military specs. They are truly beasts with upwards of 4000 lumens output from a single bulb, so they aren't typical LED type lights. I picked up a PH40, the least expensive of the three, used but in good condition recently on eBay for about $1000, but new it's about $2000. Also PhotonFanatic is doing a custom CR2 light for me for $600 in mokume gane. He has photos if you're interested. Tell him I sent you. I suspect he could another variation as he doesn't make dupes of his custom lights. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by magellan; 01-06-2015 at 01:05 AM.
    It is better to buy a beautiful, expensive, custom flashlight than to curse the darkness.

Just received Extreme Micro Lux. Great build quality, smooth operation and Bright!!!ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1420585680.126289.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Default Show your CR2 lights!

Wow what a beauty! What emitter?

Edit: just looked them up. Very impressive specs and a sharp design. Guess that's a +1 for the "to buy" list😄
    Last edited by Roanqoan; 01-22-2015 at 08:30 PM.

Thanks! It has become one of my favorites. Puts out good 800 lumens on the 15270 imr. Heats up quick, but much fun to show off with for a short time : )

And low & med mode too, so don't have to burn full time..

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

I got a package today

Peak LED - Volcan SS CR2

Honorary Aussie

Congrats! Coincidentally I just bought one myself. Those little things are built like a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by fl0t View Post
    I got a package today

Peak LED - Volcan SS CR2

It is better to buy a beautiful, expensive, custom flashlight than to curse the darkness.

Honorary Aussie

No pictures unfortunately, but I just scored a Surefire Titan and Exolion from a CPF bro. I'm really excited to get these as they were two of the final big gaps in my collection. I still don't have the Liteflux but with the new Extreme Micro-Lux mule I just ordered from RMSK this brings my total to 33 different CR2 lights.
    Last edited by magellan; 01-29-2015 at 05:16 PM.

Honorary Aussie

Since this thread hasn't seen any action in 6 months I thought I'd post this. This is a photo of my CR2 lights from Photon Fanatic: four Task Light II's and a custom mokume gane he recently finished. Check out the nice grain pattern on that mokume!

Last edited by magellan; 06-24-2015 at 06:19 AM.

Magellan, that mokume is amazing!! Wow, congrats!
    Here is a quick phone pic of my CR2 shelf..ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1435166966.890184.jpg

Honorary Aussie

Thanks! It's also my first mokume light. But I don't think it'll be my last!

Wow, awesome display there of CR2's. I should do something like that with mine.

What's the light to the right of the shorter silver colored one in the middle? It looks like it has very unusual knurling.
    Last edited by magellan; 06-24-2015 at 11:40 AM.

Thanks! Quick run down for blurry pic:

Row 1-
    Aeon - Peter Atwood
    TnC extreme micro
    (2) TnC Extreme micro turbos
    Lummi AL
    Photonfanatic task lite
    4-7s atom
    (2) Peak volcans (SS and HA)

Row 2-
    4-7s mini
    4-7s mini Ti (#72)
    Fireworm (#197 of 200)
    Nitecore sens mini
    Amilite cuty

Row 3-
    Jil lite JCR2 - HA
    Jil lite JCR2 - Chrome
    Jil lite J2
    Jil lite CR2 battery holder
    Luter CR2 Angle light

Regards,
    Todd
    Last edited by Thud1023; 06-24-2015 at 12:52 PM.

Honorary Aussie

I finally got an updated group photo of most of the new additions in the last 8 months or so. There are half a dozen or so missing from this photo that I'll post soon.

Last edited by magellan; 06-24-2015 at 12:46 PM.

Nice additions! What are the first 2 on the left side, third row?

Honorary Aussie

Those are 2 Exolions I picked up.

I'm about to post the labels.

Here they are:

First row, left to right:

TnC Extreme Micro Turbo in electroless nickel
    Light gray Jil Lite JCR2
    Dark gray Jil Lite JCR2
    4Sevens Atom ALR2 mule bead blast stainless

Second row:

DSpeck Firefly II
    Muyshondt pink Ion
    Muyshondt toxic green Ion
    Muyshondt blue Aeon Mark I

Third row:

2 Exolions in titanium
    TnC Extreme Micro
    Surefire Titan 1A

Fourth row:

Lummi Orb in nickel silver
    4Sevens Atom AL bead blast stainless (oops, a CR123A snuck in)
    4Sevens Quark Mini MLR2 in hi CRI (already have the neutral)
    Last edited by magellan; 06-24-2015 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magellan View Post
    Those are 2 Exolions I picked up....
    Rare ... and very nice
    ... is the archimedes peak

Honorary Aussie

Thanks!

Yes, I was lucky to find those. The second one I was contacted about after I bought the first one, so couldn't resist.
    Last edited by magellan; 06-24-2015 at 02:02 PM.

Are your Exolions steel, titanium, or one of each ?

Honorary Aussie

They're both titanium. Would love to get a stainless too. I'll make a note of that in the description.

Quote Originally Posted by magellan View Post
    They're both titanium....
    Then I think you have about 2% of the total production ....

Honorary Aussie

LOL

Hadn't thought about that. :-)

Honorary Aussie

I recently added two more Task Light II models from Photon Fanatic to the two I already had, so here's a group photo. Fred said he only had a few left so I couldn't resist buying the last two. :-)

Last edited by magellan; 07-06-2015 at 08:07 AM.

Honorary Aussie

Just bought one of these to add to my collection of CR2 lights.

I just bought a bunch of CR2's from Olaf Schulz in Germany and will post a group photo when I get them.

Very cool score Magellan! I need to find one myself : )

Btw, there is a new Aeon Mk. III (cr2) coming soon from Muyshondt, be sure to add to list. Prototypes look cool..

Honorary Aussie

Thanks! I had only heard a German firm had bought parts and the rights or some such but didn't know any lights had actually been produced, so I'm very happy to get this.

Also thanks for the heads-up on the Aeons as I didn't know those were in the works. I'll keep an eye out for them. Are there photos posted somewhere?
    Last edited by magellan; 07-10-2015 at 02:15 PM.

Hi,
    Enrique has sent the general email announcement now, so safe to post..couple pics attached.

If you want to pm your email address, glad to forward a copy.

Regards,ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1436569536.270611.jpgImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1436569548.819293.jpg

Honorary Aussie

Thanks! I looked but couldn't find anything. I've followed the earlier thread about the new Mako style light (but at only 30 lumens max I wasn't interested). But this one I'm definitely interested in.
    Last edited by magellan; 07-11-2015 at 08:54 AM.

magellan: There's only information on Instagram (https://instagram.com/muyshondtent/) and the newsletter (sign up at http://store.muyshondt.net/), which are semi-public. More information will be posted through those channels, and the blog (http://store.muyshondt.net/blog/) throughout prototyping and production, and I'll eventually start a new thread in CT/BST.

Questions, about this or anything else? I'm not active on the forums much - please drop me a line at vcc@muyshondt.net.

Enrique

Quote Originally Posted by Endeavour View Post
    magellan: There's only information on Instagram (https://instagram.com/muyshondtent/) and the newsletter (sign up at http://store.muyshondt.net/), which are semi-public. More information will be posted through those channels, and the blog (http://store.muyshondt.net/blog/) throughout prototyping and production, and I'll eventually start a new thread in CT/BST.

Questions, about this or anything else? I'm not active on the forums much - please drop me a line at vcc@muyshondt.net.

Enrique
    following you on IG now
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

Honorary Aussie

Thanks, will follow it there.

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

Quote Originally Posted by fl0t View Post
    Kinda out of topic since Cool Fall has not made any CR2 lights. Although I may say you cannot go wrong with a Tri-V. As a flashlight enthusiast I've always wanted to have one.

I think CR2 lights are not up to your budget. These are more rare rather than expensive.
    If you want expensive CR2 lights I would look into the Titanium McGizmos with CR2 tubes, Photonfanatic CR2 Titanium (If there is one), Titanium Muyshondt Aeon, Katokichi Ichishiki CR2, and if you can find it: a Ti version of the CR2 Lummi RAW.
    In any of those lights you are looking to spend $500-$700 tops.

Welcome to CPF Matrix 100!
    What McGizmos with CR2 tubes?
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast