2D Maglite drop ins with UK availability

johnnyguitar

Newly Enlightened
Guys - hope this is in the right place, apologies if not and further apologies if I am the latest in a very long line of people to ask this question!

Having just bought an Eagletac T20C2II, I have been thinking about upgrading my Maglites - I have a 2D which I would like to upgrade first and then a 2AA at some point. I have seen the Malkoff site with the upgrade for the 2D that looks great and whilst I am not against buying from the US, if I can get hold of an upgrade in the UK and save on the inport duties, etc that's all good.

What options, if any, do I have?
Cheers

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi John,

My advice here is, coincidentally, similar to my suggestion in your other thread... CPFMarketplace! :party:

Hunt around for a bit, and there's a decent chance you can snag a used one either within the U.K., or from someone willing to deal internationally.

Also, it can be hard to decide at times, but this thread would probably be better placed in the "LED Flashlights" section.

BTW, in response to your other thread... I'm also John, and I also play guitar!

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello from the uk ! you cant go far wrong with the malkoff ( although i dont own one yet ) and i would not worry about import duties, i have an american car i am rebuilding and i am sourcing alot of parts from america, ive only been caught by import once out of maybe 30 odd transactions ?

i have an old faithfull 2D i have just put a terralux 300m dropin in, ive made a batt holder for 4x cr123's, i then might buy a 6aa > 2d batt holder to run regular batts.

just another idea, depends how far you want to go ?

johnnyguitar

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info guys, I'll take a look at the classifieds and see what I can find. I assume I can stick a WTB ad up there.

Hello from the uk ! you cant go far wrong with the malkoff ( although i dont own one yet ) and i would not worry about import duties, i have an american car i am rebuilding and i am sourcing alot of parts from america, ive only been caught by import once out of maybe 30 odd transactions ?

i have an old faithfull 2D i have just put a terralux 300m dropin in, ive made a batt holder for 4x cr123's, i then might buy a 6aa > 2d batt holder to run regular batts.

just another idea, depends how far you want to go ?

You've been luckier than I have - almost everything I've imported from outside the EU in the last 12 months (watches, guitars, even some watch holders from Japan) have been hit with import duties, so if I can source an upgrade in the UK that would be preferable.

Ideally, I would like to get as good as I can without spending a ridiculous amount of money (ie more than it would cost to get something better - if that makes sense) and would prefer to only upgrade once, rather than buy something that I may end up replacing further down the line. I like the size and feel of the Maglite, it would just be nicer if it produced a bit more light.