1st Surefire:Wife bought me E1e 4 our anniversary!

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, what else can I say. It's small and pretty bright. Now I just have to count down to when the bulb goes out on it so I can get the KL1(or possibly the KL4) HA for it

FoxMulder

Newly Enlightened
I don't think you can use the KL4 on the E1e. It will fit but I think the KL4 is made for 6 volts and 3 volts would make it drop below the regulation quickly and end up pretty dim I would imagine. The KL1 would work though.

Or you can just trade it in for the E2e which is 4 times brighter for the length of one battery. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Or the L4 which is like a white flood of light that makes everyone say "$#&%#$ that's bright"

And get a Clickie tailcap

And you gotta get the 120lm P61 on a D2/6P/M2/C2 for 8 times the light of your E1e

And.......:D /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome to the SF club, you will now be broke in a matter of months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using the KL4 on my E1e this week. It's a little bit dimmer than when I put the KL4 on my E2e, but it's still way brighter than the KL1. I heard that the run-time is cut down to 22 minutes or so. I see it as kind of like putting a HOLA on the E1e. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RazorMaxx

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I've used the KL4 on my E1e and it works fine but as noted above I have heard the run time is cut way down. Also as mentioned it is not as bright. I have the KL1 on the E1e and I absolutely love it. I use it the most. Enough light for most tasks and not too much for others. Plus nice and small. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sounds like you have a great wife too! Congrats!

batterystation

Enlightened
Same here. I use the E1e with the KL1 the most, but I swapped tail caps with my L4 so now the E1e (EDC) has the clickie tail cap. That is one neat little light. One of my first posts was whether to get the E1e/KL1 or the Arc LSH-P. Got both. Love them. My wife says "what's with all the flashlights?" I am still working on an answer.
I love that thread "you know you're a flashaholic when...."

alberto

Enlightened
I agree that the KL1 best suits the E1e with 16 lumens output as compared to the KL1 on the E2e with 17 lumens output, albeit with longer runtime. I have swapped my KL1 between my E1e and E2e a number of times and prefer it on the E1e. I guess I don't see the point of installing a KL4 on an E1e with only 21 minutes of runtime.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can any of you guys post a pic of a normal E1e next to an E1e w/KL1? im trying to see the size difference

JKnight

Newly Enlightened
I tested my KL4 on my E1e the other night after I read about the 20 minutes runtime. I left it on until bedtime which turned out to be 3 hours and it was still very bright. It wasn't as bright as it was the first 120 minutes but it was still bright enough to light up a room.

The amout of light output after 3 hours was very impressive. The battery must have been near dead too, because I put the standard E1e head back on and it was very dim and yellow.

I hope someone else does some testing tonight and reports back what they find. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I don't have a picture of the E1e+KL1 next to a regular E1e...but here's one next to an Arc LSL! Hope that helps.

fc8c17de.jpg

cool4light

Newly Enlightened
Wow, now there's something, E1e/kl4.
so the runtime is about 20 mins not too bad, like ttran97 said it's just like putting a HOLA on the E1e.
how does the light output compare to the E2e with Kl4 or the L4?
if it's comparable i might just have to buy one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now if that isn't love, I don't know what is. I'd fall over if my wife bought a SureFire for me. She has NO clue how much these are and certainly would never understand.

Now as for the KL4 on an E1e, the light is not too darned much brighter than a KL1, just a different color temperature. It falls out of regulation within a very short period of time and should only be used with 6V.

As for the clickie, I put mine from my L4 on my E1e that has the KL1 with the Red LED. If I had another, I'd put it on the one with the Blue, then the one with the Green. It seems better suited for the short light and is too sensitive for the way I carry my L4.