Couple of Sure-Fire questions

Velcro

Enlightened
I'm interested in getting a Sure-Fire 2x123 light. I'm leaning towards an E2e or 6P/G2/D2 but can't quite make up my mind yet. Got the following questions.

Does the G2Z LOTC fit on the G2?

Can you put a pocketclip on the 6P, like the Defender models?

Does the 6P typically have a oval/banana shaped beam?

Thanks!

Greetings,
Velcro

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, the 6P will not take a clip and all of the 6v volt light use the same Lamp which has the reflector built in so they should all have the same beam pattern (which should be round at least all of mine have been). The M2 with the shock Isolated bezel will not have as much side spill b/c the lamp sits down in the bezel farther. Hope this helps.
smile.gif

K-T

*Moderator*
I believe Al reported that the LOTC from the G2Z does fit in terms of size but the constant on function does not work. The momentary switch still works.

Klaus.

Size15's

Flashaholic
G2Z LOTC does not work on a G2 as I require it to(ie - like a Z41 does on a 12PM) This is sad thing.

I hope that SureFire will produce a LOTC version of the G2.

Al

Orcinus Orca

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered a G2 directly from the Sure Fire website as well as the optional P-61 lamp assembly. After reading through a couple of posts on this site I was made aware that, after prolonged use, the plastic lens of the G2 may melt. I was wondering what my options are as to acquiring a pyrex lens or a replacement bezel. I have heard that you can use the bezel from the G2Z but do not know if that is accurate. If you have any information, I would appreciate your response as well as any information on distributers from whom I may acquire these parts.

Size15's

Flashaholic
You can use the G2Z Bezel on the G2.
If you intend to use your G2 for long constant-on illumination, getting a Pyrex Lens Bezel is well worth considering.

Al

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Size15s:
G2Z LOTC does not work on a G2 as I require it to(ie - like a Z41 does on a 12PM) This is sad thing.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Could you be more specific?
I can put the G2 cap on my G2Z and get both momentary and constant on with no lock-out.
I can also put my G2Z cap on my G2 and get momentary and constant on WITH lock-out.
It's not pretty and there's a bit too much thread showing but it does work.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by gstplanestoopid:
Thanks Al. Do you know where I could pick one of these up?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I believe you have to order them right from Surefire. I have never found a dealer that carries Bezels.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brightguy might not carry them as regular stock, but they are willing to do special orders if the part is available. Don't know how pricing for special orders works, though.

Velcro

Enlightened
Jtivat, what I mean about the P60 beam is that it isn't completely round. It looks like it is shined at an angle. You're saying your P60's are round? Now I'm puzzled...
icon15.gif

Greetings,
Velcro

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well if I look close the hot spot is a nice round shape and the spill around it is a little oblong.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I have a range of P60 shapes. They are all in focus and flawless which is my main concern. I tend to use the P61 Lamps more often and all the ones I've ever seen have been very round.

The G2Z LOTC on the G2:

Constant-on - fully screwed on - 4 mm gap.
Locked Out - 5-6 mm gap.

The general fit isn't as tight or secure as I require. This is not acceptable to me. I will not be using the G2Z LOTCs on my G2s (although I wish I could)

Al

Velcro

Enlightened
So if I understand correctly, the P60 hotspot is tighter then the E2(e) and just as round, but the surrounding spill can be (a little) oblong?

If the whole beam is oblong, can you ask SF for a replacement?

Greetings,
Velcro

Size15's

Flashaholic
You can ask SureFire for anything. Whether you give what you ask for is another matter...

I find the P60 beams to be generally less round but more intense then the MN03 beams. I figure this is due to the difference in filament and reflector diameter between the P60 and MN03.

Al

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
You can ask SureFire for anything. Whether you give what you ask for is another matter...

I find the P60 beams to be generally less round but more intense then the MN03 beams. I figure this is due to the difference in filament and reflector diameter between the P60 and MN03.

Al
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I agree, however you do get the better runtime with the MN03.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
....I find the P60 beams to be generally less round but more intense then the MN03 beams.....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Around the time that the E2e came out (not sure whether it was before or after) Surefire
"improved" the MN03 beam by making it more concentrated. You can confirm this for yourself by carefully examining the original E2 lamp assembly and comparing it to the new one. (Current E2's have the new assembly also, so comparing them to an E2e won't reveal any difference). The difference is subtle, but clearly observable. The newer assembly is shiner, more reflective than the original, and the individual "facets" appear slightly less prominant and slightly smoothed out, almost as though the original assembly was sanded down with the finest grade paper and then buffed and polished. It also appears that there may be fewer of these facets.

At any rate, the newer reflector casts a tighter, brighter beam. But as Al says, it is decidedly dimmer than the P60. Even the (new) E2e's MN03, shining through Pyrex is significantly dimmer than
the G2's P60 shining through Lexan.

But they are all terrific lights.