Led Zelda... The Twilight Princess

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
"I had a dream... In the dream, dark storm clouds were billowing over the land of Hyrule... But suddenly, a ray of light shot out of the forest, parted the clouds and lit up the ground... The light turned into a figure holding a green and shining stone, followed by a fairy... I know this is a prophecy that someone would come from the forest... Yes, I thought you might be the one... Oh, I'm sorry! I got carried away with my story and didn't even properly introduce myself! I am Zelda, Princess of Hyrule."

ledzelda3crop.jpg

I know nothing of the myriad Zelda games other than they are, well, myriad, apparently still well known in gaming culture to this day, and the first one came out when I was still young. :sigh:

While looking to find a fitting name for this mod, I was hunting down words that begin with "Z", and Zelda popped up with all these references to light. There are light arrows, light spirits, "Sols", the Twilight Realm, creatures who can't tolerate light, etc. Perfect! A fitting name for a beautiful light.

And she IS a beaut, ain't she? JUST LOOK AT THOSE... errr, I mean, THAT KNOB!! :eek:

Give ya' one guess who made it...
ledzelda4.jpg

BTW... Chrome Dome Alert! Nice reflection, eh, Bonehea?... errr, I mean Beamhead! It's all natural too. :nana:

Anyway... yes, you guessed right. The knob, as well as the build itself, is courtesy of our resident, heavier than air modder, LED Zeppelin!

Now ya' know why I wanted a word beginning with Z. So, on to the specs:

Mag 3D host - Black!
M Bin Cree MC-E WG on a Britelumens MC-E heatsink, behind a KD reflector (originally going to be a FM2 reflector, but that didn't work out... believe it or not, the KD had a couple surprising advantages for this build!... and I swore I'd never have a KD/DX part in any of my lights :ohgeez:), topped off by an AR coated UCL.
Wayne's Sharkbuck 3A w/sharksink connected to body, driven by 9 X Eneloop in a FM holder, controlled by a 20K Panasonic pot from Digikey.
Totally bitchin', low-profile knob with type III ano by Dennis (L.Z.)!

How's about a frontal view of this babe? Ever see a headlight like that?!...lol :naughty:
ledzelda2.jpg

A very major thing I wanna' say at this point is Dennis was COMPLETELY AWESOME to work with! Given some of the components I gave him to work with, there were a few decisions to be made along the way, each and every one of which I was informed of, and given final say on. The communication in response to my questions and concerns throughout the whole process was just fantastic.

Ultimately, I came away with the feeling of "wow... it can't just be ME!... is he this good with everyone?". Let me just say that if there ever was, or ever will be a customer that isn't happy with the entire L.Z. experience from beginning to end, there's something wrong with you.

We need a pic of Dennis grinning from ear to ear, doing a double thumbs-up. That's how you'll feel after dealing with him.

For the last three months, LED Zelda has been my nightly bedside companion, and she performs this role perfectly. Her alleged purpose, other than to make my wallet thinner (but ain't that always the case with women?), is to be a "security" light. My long held ideal in this context includes the ability to choose how bright to be BEFORE turning it on, a brightness range from super low to super high, great mix of flood and throw, and proper size to bust up an bad intentioned intruder in case I can't grab the Beretta fast enough (.40 cal thank you very much... no nine millies in this household... lol).

This light does it all, and more. I cannot imagine one better suited for home security, and I couldn't be happier with it. Thanks again, L.Z.!!! :bow:

jeeves

Newly Enlightened
That slot is begging for a trit marker. Is that its intended purpose? or just as a textile/visual?

Very cool build, thanks for sharing.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well hello, Jeevesy 'ol boy!... lol.

The slot is sized to accomodate a trit (probably something offered by B@rt, I would guess?).

Of course, Zelda didn't want one for fear of giving away her position to the enemy.