• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS: Mag275 (or Mag 5761) C (2x26650 Host) w/ AW Soft Start

flashfiend

Enlightened
WTS: Mag275 (or Mag 5761) C (2x26650 Host) w/ AW Soft Start *FINAL PRICE DROP*

*FINAL PRICE DROP but now includes 1-5761 bulb and 1-WA1111 bulb* This light is very versatile.

For Sale is a unique build by William Quiles. I asked him to cut a Mag 3C for a 2x26650 setup. The final setup is as follows:

wquiles ribbed Mag C Head w/ FiveMega ver2 Chrome Camless SMO Deep Reflector
Osram 64275
wquiles 2.75C Mag Body w/ Deep TailCap Mod
AW Mag C Incan Soft Start Version 2
Borofloat lens

The build thread for the host is found here: Mag 2.75C

Lux Luthor's numbers for the 64275 bulb 1700+ Bulb Lumens

Philips 5761 1500+ Bulb Lumens

WA1111 1100+ Bulb Lumens

347bqev.jpg

*(Reflector surface is blemished but the reflector still functions perfectly for a tight hotspot. Reflector opening was enlarged to fit 64275 bulb. Blemish means that I am basically including the reflector for free. If you do not like the reflector you can just replace it.)

I am asking for $240 $220 for the whole setup shipped Domestic USA only with 2 extra 64275, 1-5761 bulbs, and 1-WA1111 included but no batteries.

Paypal (plus 3% paypal fees) and USPS money order accepted.

I hope you guys find this very bright light interesting. PM for any questions.

**Can also make a good 5761 host or for even longer runtimes a WA1111 host. Reflector opening is sufficiently large enough for the 5761 bulb.

Last edited:

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any possibility of replacing the blemished reflector?

Is that a single stage switch?

I assume I could install a stock head with a metal reflector and be ok, correct?

Oh, and what kind of bulb life are we looking at here? I have a Mag85 D-light and the bulb life seems to be fine with 9xEneloopes. You think I'd fare as well with this setup?

Very interested, btw. Thanks.

flashfiend

Enlightened
Any possibility of replacing the blemished reflector?

You could replace the reflector yourself, just remember your replacement needs a sufficiently large opening for the bulb. If you are asking for me to replace it at my cost, remember the cost of the reflector is not included in the asking price. The reflector works perfectly fine but because of the blemish I am not charging for the reflector.

Is that a single stage switch?

Not sure what you mean but the AW switch is a reverse clicky switch that allows the light to operate with 3 modes of brightness.

I assume I could install a stock head with a metal reflector and be ok, correct?

A stock 'c' Mag head will work and see the note on the reflector opening in the answer above.

Oh, and what kind of bulb life are we looking at here? I have a Mag85 D-light and the bulb life seems to be fine with 9xEneloopes. You think I'd fare as well with this setup?

Just looked at LuxLuthor's numbers and projected bulb life is relatively short but I am including 2 extra bulbs and the installed bulb has less than 20 minutes of use. This is a very bright setup and you also have the option of using a Philips 5761 provided you bleed the voltage of the cells down a bit. Fresh cells off the charger will :poof: the 5761 but the 64275 has been OK so far with fresh cells.

Very interested, btw. Thanks.

This is an extended runtime setup with the 26650 cells. If I didn't have so many lights already I would keep this.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. FWIW, I certainly wouldn't expect you to replace the reflector at your expense. I would gladly cover that if you'de be willing to save me the trouble.

This really sounds like my cup of tea. It's late so let me sleep on it. :tired:

flashfiend

Enlightened
Thanks. FWIW, I certainly wouldn't expect you to replace the reflector at your expense. I would gladly cover that if you'de be willing to save me the trouble.

This really sounds like my cup of tea. It's late so let me sleep on it. :tired:

Sorry, I misunderstood because the reflector is very easy to replace yourself. That is unless you are talking about enlarging the opening. If that is the case then you should seek out a more capable forum member. The included reflector is perfectly effective but I wouldn't be ok with modding another reflector again myself. Another alternative would be getting a Fivemega Throwmaster reflector. The opening for that is already large enough and paired with a 5761 it is my favorite thrower.

Btw, good night and sleep tight.

Latest posts