***Newsflash*** Surefire E2o details up on SF website

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just found details of the Surefire E2o (outdoorsman).

Follow this link to the Surefire site.

e2o_large02.jpg

Note this is the updated/correct picture

aso

Enlightened
A longer clip and a lanyard attachment? Is that all(aside from some detailing on the head)?

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by GJW:
"The E2 Outdoorsman is CNC machined from aerospace-grade aluminum and finished in a MilSpec Type III hard-anodized process that is corrosion-proof and so hard that the knurled portion of the E2 Outdoorsman's handle can be used to saw through lesser aluminum flashlights."

Everything else aside THAT is the funniest line to ever come from SureFire!
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">OMG! If you put the E2O with your keys, you won't be able to open the door when you reach home becoz.........
blush.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Heh, heh, heh... LOL... So that is the reason it can chew through my pockets so quickly.
winkie.GIF

Ratso

Enlightened
It's good to know that the high quality finish is so tough, but sometimes I wish the knurling was "gentler" on pocket fabrics etc.

Gentlemen,

Our webmaster made the mistake of going live with the E2e Outdoorsman page before I had a chance to proof it. You are correct, that is a KL1 head and it is a mistake. I love the Internet...all my dirty laundry is available for worldwide viewing ; ) The image will be corrected tomorrow.

...so hard that the knurled portion of the E2 Outdoorsman's handle can be used to saw through lesser aluminum flashlights.

Yes, a good line, but true. Feel free to try it out on all those "lesser flashlights".

Want a "smoother" version of the E2e, stay tuned to SureFire's e-mail releases to have your wish come true.

Again, thanks for your interest in SureFire products.

Regards,
Derek McDonald

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by SureFire Marketing:
Gentlemen,

Our webmaster made the mistake of going live with the E2e Outdoorsman page before I had a chance to proof it. You are correct, that is a KL1 head and it is a mistake. I love the Internet...all my dirty laundry is available for worldwide viewing ; ) The image will be corrected tomorrow.

...so hard that the knurled portion of the E2 Outdoorsman's handle can be used to saw through lesser aluminum flashlights.

Yes, a good line, but true. Feel free to try it out on all those "lesser flashlights".

Want a "smoother" version of the E2e, stay tuned to SureFire's e-mail releases to have your wish come true.

Again, thanks for your interest in SureFire products.

Regards,
Derek McDonald
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">SF Marketing-welcome to our little forum here..
icon15.gif

Please excuse off-topic question, but...

Do you know if SF will ever offer that KL1 as a complete flashlight-for those of us who don't have an E2, and are already up to our ears in incandescent flashlights already? -thereby avoiding buying an extra incandescent head that some of us don't really need?

freewheelin'

Enlightened
Why doesn't SF make an adjustable beam? Just wondering, I love my C3 but it would be nice to have spot to flood.
I've got a Scorpion and a G2 both are great but I use the Scorpion a lot more cause it adjust.

Size15's

Flashaholic
freewheelin',
If you can show SureFire how to do it whilst keeping the beam flawless, I'm sure they will be very interested.

I dislike the Scorpion and other de-focusing flashlights because they can defocus!

However this is a discussion topic for another thread.

I'm glad that Derek has responded to this thread so quickly. I am also pleased to find out that SureFire will be proof-reading their publications.
Its important to get these things right.

Respectfully,

Al

Darell

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Size15s:
I am also pleased to find out that SureFire will be proof-reading their publications.
Its important to get these things right.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Made me smile
smile.gif
I hope this becomes a regular thing. Haven't checked in a while - does the Surefire site still list the 10x as "coming soon" like it did for three months after its release?
shocked.gif

Ratso

Enlightened
I dislike the Scorpion and other de-focusing flashlights because they can defocus!

I was stuck in bed one night and couldn't sleep, extremely bored, and I thought about if it was possible to maybe have a 2 piece bezel assy. The main head turns to focus the light and the Anti-Roll bezel turns against it and you can tighten the head down so you won't lose focus. Like a giant nut and bolt. With a large enough textured relfector a wide beam is possible without a black hole, just a tiny bit dimmer in the center at a wide focus. I messed with the bulb in a Rayovac 6V lantern with textured reflector and got pretty nice results.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I just couldn't control myself and ended up just ordering an E2O. I have to see if other than the longer pocket clip, whether or not it's an E2E with OUTDOORSMAN written on the side.

Darell

Flashaholic
I'm guessing that it means the points of the knurl are knocked down. Or maybe the knurl simply isn't as deep to begin with. Look at the difference between the Arc LS knurl and the AAA knurl and you'll see the difference between sharp and smooth right away.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Comes standard with the MN02 lamp assembly - lower output and longer runtime than the standard.

I wonder why they show it with the Luxeon Star head?

WaltH

Enlightened
That head looks just like a KL1! I can get the same run-time on my standard E2e by changing bulbs. I can change the clip and add the lanyard attachment too. Think I'll pass on this one.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
It definitely doesn't come with a KL1 as it is listed as an optional accessory on the Surefire news page

Could it be a new head design based on the KL1 ?