Blemish on Jetbeam Jet-III M

Thescotsman

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys!
I bought a Jet-III M based on SelfBuilt's excellent review and all the CPFers' comments. Its a great light and I'm very happy with it.

Only problem is, there's something white on the LED's glass bulb. My best guess is its a smudge of thermal compound or adhesive. Its white, about 1.5x2mm and causes a little bit of a shadow on very low settings. The dealer I bought it from is willing to take it back to check it out, but if its something I can fix I'd like to try.

Anyone had any experiences like this? Or know how to disassemble the emitter head so I can at least get a better idea what I'm dealing with?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited:

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is not something you can fix without fully dismantling the light and either cleaning the emitter or replacing it.

Dismantle it at your risk as you will void your warranty.

Send it back for replacement and you will be a happy camper.

Good luck,

James...

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had this on one of my Jetbeams I think it was the RRT-2 I just took the bezel off then the lens and used a q-tip to clean off the led dome and be careful not to get anything on your reflector because its nearly impossible to clean off. It's actually pretty easy and you can use the rubber bottom of a shoe place the light bezel on the rubber bottom, press in slightly and turn the light counter clockwise the stainless steel bezel will loosen and then you can unscrew the rest of the way out by hand. After you remove the bezel ring carefully turn the light upside down and the lens will fall out preferably in the palm of your hand or in between your fingers, this allows access to the led dome. Also careful not to smudge up the bottom side of the lens with fingerprints you can clean the front side of the lens once the light is reassembled.

Last edited:

Thescotsman

Newly Enlightened
I got brave and opened it up. 5 minutes and a drop of alcohol later I have a perfect light. Really glad I didn't have to go a week without my new toy to send it back. Thanks all for the input and warm welcome!

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got brave and opened it up. 5 minutes and a drop of alcohol later I have a perfect light. Really glad I didn't have to go a week without my new toy to send it back. Thanks all for the input and warm welcome!

Nice job it's take a bit of courage before you get use to opening up lights glad you able to get it done so now you can enjoy instead of waiting while you send it off.