Twisty like Lummi Raw?

SR.GRINGO

Enlightened
Trying to find a pocket light along the lines of Lummi's twisty. The best would be a low, and a high that can last two hours on a RCR123. I recently purchased a Hds Raw 85tr but it isn't very pocketable. Here is what I have found so far but not really satisfied with the results. Also not really interested in products like fenix, etc.

Lummi Raw SS...the last one took 8 months to arrive:shakehead

Amilite cuty....great light but really needs a low

Mac's SST-50....Excellent but hard to get

Jetbeam RRT-0... for some reason not super excited about this one

Incidentalist

Enlightened
I can't think of anything off the top of my head that meets all of your reqs.

Aeon or Nautilus?

The Nitecore EZ series are two stage twisties.

Didn't McGizma make some twisty versions of some of his PD lights (you'll have to find a professional for the correct McLingo :grin2:)?

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I'd say the EZAA or EZCR2 would both be excellent lights for Lummi Raw type operation, and personally I kept both my EZ's and sold my Raw.

SR.GRINGO

Enlightened
I like the Muyshondt but they can't handle RCR123's. Can the Nitecore EZ take RCR123's? Also how does Nitecore compare in quality to say a 4sevens, or a Jetbeam?

Are peak's any good?

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
They are also apparently extremely difficult to mod and I got rid of mine due to the horribly green tint and ringy beam pattern.

Not sure about the EZ series on RCR's but the quality is very good and I have a good number of Quarks and a smattering of Jetbeams as well.

Going back to the beam again, the EZ-series was one of the first commercially available lights built on a large scale that conquered the XR-E Cree rings by matching the proper reflector to them.

Last edited:

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are also apparently extremely difficult to mod and I got rid of mine due to the horribly green tint and ringy beam pattern.

You are correct, the Aeon is extremely difficult to mod, but I know one modder that has successfully modded them. Scott (Milky) has modded these in the past, and is currently modding mine to replace the emitter with a neutral tint XP-G and a suitable reflector. I haven't got it back yet, but he was successfully able to get the head open to do the mod without any damage. Hopefully I will get it back soon...:sssh:

I looked and looked for another comparable CR2 pocket carry light, and couldn't find one with the size, build quality, output, circuit efficiency, and UI of the Aeon. But, like kaichu dento, I also could not deal with the green tint. So off to Milky it went! I'll post some pics as well as before/after beamshots when I get it back..:devil:

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
You are correct, the Aeon is extremely difficult to mod, but I know one modder that has successfully modded them. Scott (Milky) has modded these in the past, and is currently modding mine to replace the emitter with a neutral tint XP-G and a suitable reflector. I haven't got it back yet, but he was successfully able to get the head open to do the mod without any damage. Hopefully I will get it back soon...:sssh:

I looked and looked for another comparable CR2 pocket carry light, and couldn't find one with the size, build quality, output, circuit efficiency, and UI of the Aeon. But, like kaichu dento, I also could not deal with the green tint. So off to Milky it went! I'll post some pics as well as before/after beamshots when I get it back..:devil:
So apparently you'll fix both problems in one shot! You're choice of emitter and a matched reflector will make it a very desirable light indeed! :twothumbs

Last edited:

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
So apparently you'll fix both problems in one shot! You're choice of emitter and a matched reflector will make it a very desirable light indeed! :twothumbs
Yep - I think this will make it become what I consider the ultimate EDC.

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
The iTP A1 is almost there ... A high of about 190 lumens will last for 1.6 hours and the medium of 35 lumens will give 8 hours plus the low of 1.8 lumens will go on for 150 hours ... If you can live with the 1.6 hours on high , then this is a great little torch.

The times quoted are probably for a primary cell but it certainly gets good reviews nevertheless.

My own personal favourite is the iTP A2 , but of course that uses an AA cell.