Novatac Special Ops Battery Tube?

CobraMan

Newly Enlightened
Just got to wondering if the Special Ops battery tube will work with the 18650 cell and power the 120 series lights?

If this works (which I believe it should) then the question will be how to order the battery tubes?

Anyone with me here? Maybe someone has connections and could organize a group buy......

Cheers,
Tim

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it works. The light is not as bright as with 2 CR123, the max level is barely brighter than the mid level but still it works and will give you great runtime.

To run it with 18650, you need Hogo's trick: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/207486

These tubes can be bought separately from lighthound but the color will mismatch. They are natural/green since they were made by HDS some years ago...

Last edited:

CobraMan

Newly Enlightened
I remember seeing that approach to using 18650 cells. However, with the new Special Ops lights running 2xCR123 cells I was thinking that this would provide the battery tube and longer spring to preclude that modification.

Why wouldn't a 120 series running on a single 18650 hit full output?

Thanks,
Tim

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, I missed that part. I was talking about the special ops running on a 18650. A 120 head will indeed reach full output.

AILL

Newly Enlightened
I have one of the 17670-bodies from lighthound. They are obviously not the same as the NT's special ops bodies. The special ops seems to be still waisted, whereas the NT with the 17670 body is not. The torch is straight like a tube.
I am interested too in a special ops body with spring.

Andreas

Last edited:

Latest posts