Lights with NovaTac-like Beam Profile?

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any l x AA or 1 x CR123a lights with a beam profile similar to the NovaTac 85 and 120 with the SSC P4 emitter (smooth floody beam, less pronounced hot-spot with a gentle transition from spot to spill and artifact free) and offering at least as much output as the NT 85? Perhaps a light with an XP-E or XP-G, or even another using the SSC emitter? The only one I can think of that would be similar is the Ra line of lights.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Are there any l x AA or 1 x CR123a lights with a beam profile similar to the NovaTac 85 and 120 with the SSC P4 emitter (smooth floody beam, less pronounced hot-spot with a gentle transition from spot to spill and artifact free) and offering at least as much output as the NT 85? Perhaps a light with an XP-E or XP-G, or even another using the SSC emitter? The only one I can think of that would be similar is the Ra line of lights.
The Icon Rogues have a very similar beam profile. the 1xAA (NiMH/alkaline) is not as bright as a NT85 (CR123A/RCR) - more like the NT's 60 lumen mode. The 2xAA should be at least bright as a NT85, maybe even a NT120.

Otherwise, in the 1xCR123A class, the Lumapower Incendio and LiteFlux LF3XT provide a somewhat similar beam. See my 1xCR1223A round-up for some comparisons.

Last edited:

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
LiteFlux LF3XT provide a somewhat similar beam.
I'd recommend the LF3XT as well. Seems odd to suggest it for your beam requirements, since it has an XR-E. The hot spot is more intense than the NovaTac (a little), but the beam is overall very smooth, with none of the typical rings and artifacts you'd expect with an XR-E.

chaoss

Enlightened
I'd recommend the LF3XT as well. Seems odd to suggest it for your beam requirements, since it has an XR-E. The hot spot is more intense than the NovaTac (a little), but the beam is overall very smooth, with none of the typical rings and artifacts you'd expect with an XR-E.

I'll 3rd this recomendation and also add the RA Twisty that was mentioned.