Disassembled P60 drop-in pics

sfca

Enlightened
Can y'all post pics of your drop-ins dissembled? Like boards, LED, pill.. I've seen some lying around, personally I find it hard to imagine them - definitely easier to see.

Don't ask me why I want to know.. I just need to know lovecpf

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have a picture hosting account where I can easily post a picture or I would take a picture for you.

I'll describe the drop-in just in case that helps and if someone else comes along with a picture...great.

All a drop-in is is a reflector that screws on top of a copper piece (the heatsink). The led is mounted on top of the heatsink and the driver is mounted in a hollowed out space on the bottom of the heatsink.

The spring that serves as the positive connection to the battery is mounted on the bottom of the driver as well.

That's it.

It all screws together into one piece so all you do is unscrew the head of the flashlight and drop in this complete unit. Screw the head back in and you're good to go.

Go to Google and hit the Images tab and type in "Thrunite drop-in" and you will see images of a drop-in.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
sure...
Malkoff
dscn2507f.jpg

dscn2505x.jpg

1.2A boards on left 1.4A-7135 board on right, Malkoff shell
dscn2518.jpg

dscn2454h.jpg

dscn2455.jpg

parts box
dscn2391s.jpg

DIY insulator gasket
dscn6053.jpg

dscn6051.jpg

dscn6050.jpg

dscn6054.jpg

17mm 1.4A board, Diodes bypassed and removed to eliminate the Vdrop through the diode.
dscn6007.jpg

output wires
dscn6009q.jpg

pill spring
dscn6009y.jpg

pill guts (56k!!)

XRE
dscn2187.jpg

piece parts
dscn2175g.jpg

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
3M 467MP textured sheet with 200MP adhesive.
I can send you some if you like,
just PM me your mail address.:thumbsup:

elumen8

Enlightened
sure...
Malkoff
1.2A boards on left 1.4A-7135 board on right, Malkoff shell
parts box
DIY insulator gasket
17mm 1.4A board, Diodes bypassed and removed to eliminate the Vdrop through the diode.
output wires
pill spring
pill guts (56k!!)
XRE
piece parts
:thumbsup:

Great Pics as usual. I remember you mentioned, when we last spoke, that the thermal epoxy 'filler' was a bear to remove...looks like you did a good job of cleaning it all out.

JB