• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Design help needed for 12v outdoor LED floodlight

deadrx7conv

Enlightened
Need a weatherproof flood light for front yard to light up a 250ft by 250ft area. LED is a must since it will powered by a solar charged deep cycle 12v battery.
Currently using a Sunwize ST-400 24w LED mounted 12ft high on a pole along with 2 10w VisionX Solstice floods which are too spotty. The ST-400 provides just barely enough light for the driveway. The VisionX Solstice's are aimed toward the front door/porch. Have about 60-75w of reserve power left. The cost of additional Sunwize and Solstice units is too expensive. Budget is <$300. Since the current light setup is just barely acceptable, will keep them there and supplement with something home assembled, mounted on another pole about 100ft away angled from the other end of the yard.

Goal is to try to retrofit an outdoor light from HomeLoewsDepot with LEDs.

I need help with LED, heatsink & driver selection, lens selection, and LED wiring(series/parallel).... Definitely will need to be weatherproof too as it will see rain snow hurricanes humidity heatwaves freezing....

Lens selection must be flood for LEDs chosen. Don't care for spot light at all. Don't want to blind someone walking by.

Key chains have cr123 powered ITP A1 and Quark Mini. These are a lifesaver at night since even when the moon is out, its incredibly dark out(no streetlights, road lights, traffic, or any light source).

After reading through many threads, I've narrowed it down to a dozen or so XPG's, or 4-5 MCE's-P7's-SST50's, or a couple SST(R)90's, or a CBM90......... since these are available online at various sites and ebay.

Besides a retrofit of an outdoor rectangular flood light, considering a bunch of flashlight heads as another option. Not sure what route to go.

What would you recommend for flood? lens?
How would you wire, mount, and drive it?

Opinions comments please.

Thank You.

deadrx7conv

Enlightened
The beam pattern I'm looking for is similar to the picture of the "Dereelight CL1H SSC P7" from this thread:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/201112

So, now I need to build about ~1/2 dozen of the above.
SSC P7's are available easy enough. What lens(if any), reflector... would give me the 'flood' equivalent from the above light.

deadrx7conv

Enlightened
Moderator, can we move this from b/s/t to general flashlight, homemade, or the LED Flashlight forum?