Surefire G2 for $29 at botach, any good?

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
Is this a good deal. I mean, I generally see this light for $50 or so, how does it compare to a Scorpion, Z2, etc? I'm really looking for the Z2, anyone found a good deal on it?

I've also heard really mixed feelings about botach...

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a good deal, but they have been known for crappy cust service. just a heads up
wink.gif
go with a dealer you know and trust.

SuRgE

Enlightened
I got mine in two days. No problems at all. It was my first time using them. I've read the complaints about them but I had a perfect transaction. I'll continue using them until they screw me over!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Despite all the bad Botach reviews here, that $30 price of the G2 is hard to pass up. So I decided to email Botach and see if the stuff was in stock (as recommended in an archived post). The reply I got back by email has made me more nervous about ordering from them rather than being assuring.

I sent the same inquiry twice (one directly through email and the other through their online form). I got two different answers for the same questions. The first reply (direct email) answered the first part of the question but not the second and the second reply (online form submission) answered the second question but not the first.

Here's the question I sent using the two different methods and the reply's:

"I was considering ordering the following products and want to know if they are currently in stock? :
1) SureFire G2 Flashlight ($29.95)
2) SureFire V20 Nylon Holster ($9.00)
3) Toshiba 3-Volt Lithium Batteries - 10 Pack ($13.00)

Also, I see no shipping estimates located on your website. What would be the specific shipping rates for ordering the above items by "ground", "3 Day Select", and "2nd day air"?

Thanks in Advance"
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Reply one (direct email inquiry): "We are gonna get 2 Grand of the G2 flashlight. so, if you can place your order, we can be able to process it. thanks."
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">For a 'professional retailer' is proper grammar, a complete sentence, and proper capitalization too much to ask?

Reply two (online form inquiry): "Sir, when you place the order online our system
automatically computes for the shipping costs before your give your credit card information. Thank you."
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">A little better, but still grammar errors, and no answer to the in-stock or not part of the question.

Hmmm, Flash1 says he got his G2 ok.....I think I'll go ahead and order it...I hope I'm not going to regret this decision. I'll post the results.

SuRgE

Enlightened
Lykofos,

I know how you feel. I was leary about ordering from Botach because of what I heard, but I couldn't pass up the $29.95 for the SF G2. I ordered the G2, P61 lamp, and a package of 10 toshiba batteries. I got all items in perfect condition and am very pleased with the transaction. I hope they won't let me down in the future.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Well, you got to live on the edge sometimes, right? lol. I just placed my order with them. I ordered exactly what you did Flash1, but I also ordered the V20 Nylon Holster. I also selected 2nd Day Air, so it "should" get here by friday.

BTW, what do you plan on using your G2 for?

As for me, I'm a college student and have a part time job as a bouncer at a popular local nightclub. A flashlight is essential, but the Maglites everyone else there uses are just to big and bulky for my preference, plus the temptation to subdue unruly customers by using the maglite as a baton is too great (and I don't want any lawsuits against me). From what I've read surefires are great lights, I hope it lives up to my expectations.

Monsters_Inc

Banned
Lykofos - just don't get too carried away with your new toy. I know college budgets (I'm on one myself
wink.gif
) doesn't stretch too far in terms of getting 123's often.

PeterM

Newly Enlightened
I nervously ordered a $29 G-2 from Botach on Sunday. Wednesday I got an email it had shipped. So far, so good.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hmmm....the order I placed on Wednesday will be shipped in 4-7 days. They said that they only have the green G2 in stock and have to wait for the shipment of black ones to arrive.....
frown.gif

guncollector

Enlightened
I've never had a problem with Botach when ordering by phone. The few problems (eventually remedied) were only when ordering online--those problems being backordered items not shipped.

But, like you, I was not going to pass up $29.95 G2's (for Xmas presents).

11-1 Ordered online
11-3 Received Order Confirmation from Botach
11-6 Received Shipping Confirmation (with UPS Track) from Botach
11-8 Received two G2's here in my office.

Couldn't have been any smoother...

Monsters_Inc

Banned
It's good to hear of people's experiences with this almost "too good to be true" price.

Thanks for your posts. I'm sure it'll inspire confidence for us fence sitters to order.

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
I love my Scorpion, do I also need a G2? Well I know i don't "need" anything but I'd like to have a surefire. I like how the scorpion comes with an extra bulb...how much are the bulbs for the G2?

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Scorpion too, and was wondering if a G2 is better? This is for a light to leave in my vehicle for emergencies. Also, does the G2 have a LOTC? Thanks

-Mike

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Well, I should have listened to the majority of reviews on this board....I got my $30 G2 flashlight, holster, and P61 lamp today. But, the 10 pack of lithium batteries was missing from my order even though it was checked off on the invoice sheet.

I just emailed customer service about it. From others archived comments, it looks like i'm in for a rocky road ahead trying to get my missing item shipped to me.
frown.gif