Photon Freedom dependable?

red02

Enlightened
I've been carrying a photon freedom modded with a 565nm led, but lately its been acting erratically. It turns on, then off instantly, it doesn't ramp up occasionally. I was wondering what the problem could be and if anyone has had similar problems.

^Gurthang

Flashlight Enthusiast
All together now.....

Check, clean and lube threading

Check & clean contact points

Adjust contacts for solid connections to body & battery

Check drop-in, is it fully tightened?

BTW, this is not a knock, its just that this sort of question shows up regularly.....

red02

Enlightened
>No threading
>contact points are clean
>battery definitely makes contact
>led is fully connected; I've changed the battery about 3-4 times, carried the freedom for about 6-7 months with no problems

No problem, i realize that many ask without preforming basic maintenance.

Crimson

Newly Enlightened
Is it a new battery? When my last battery was almost dead it started acting funky. Wouldn't turn on consistently or ramp correctly.

I've carried this same photon freedom for at least 3 years and never had a problem other than dead battery. It's worked great! Also, do a google search for 50% mode or similar wording. There are a few hidden gems to this light.

MKLight

Enlightened
They offer excellent customer service. Call them up and let them know what you did. You'll need to send the light back to them, they'll fix it, and you'll have it back in less than a week (via USPS First Class mail). They are very good about warranty work. :twothumbs

Good luck,
MK

Dan FO

Enlightened
Mine work fine and I think they are great but since yours has been modded I have no idea.

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
I've been carrying one every day for only about 5 years now. It still works just fine. So it's been reliable for me.

Last edited: