Streamlight PT 1L

FlameOn

Enlightened
Anyone pre-order one of these? Nice looking little light and not too expensve. Thinking this single cr123 would make a nice addition to my growing collection...:)

88030.jpg

Last edited:

CDP930

Newly Enlightened
Lapolicegear has em in stock.

I was waiting to hear a hands on review first. Looks nice though.

FlameOn

Enlightened
Lapolicegear has em in stock.

I was waiting to hear a hands on review first. Looks nice though.

I might pull the trigger on this anyway...but my review won't have tons of beauty shots, graphs and beam patterns....I usually just shine a new light in my wife's eyes and if she put up her hands and says I'm blinded, I keep the light.

Mr_Moe

Newly Enlightened
Just googled some. Had been interested in this light too. According to brightguy it will be available in mid June. What I hadn't known so far is:

"• made in China"

I'd get another light, if I wanted a chinese made. I thought Streamlight had their products made in the US?

Chadder

Enlightened
I bought one of these today!! I really like it and it does have the 110 lumens it claims. I went by my local law enforcement store today and they had all 4 models in stock. They actually had one of each open to handle and play with. The UI is a little different. It starts with High and then you have to cycle through strobe to get to the low setting. Since I like High first it is not a problem. If you like low this is not the light for you. I had my E1B with me to compare it to. The 1L is just slightly brighter than the backup and mine has a slightly warmer tint. It is much smaller than the backup. I actually liked all four of the models. The greatest part was the reminder that the store I bought it from is a streamlight repair center and if I have any problems with it they will take care of me!! Now that these have shipped and are in stores we will get more feedback.

DLF

Newly Enlightened
High first and then straight to STROBE?!?

To quote Tina Fey, "That's a Dealbreaker!" ;)

fredb

Newly Enlightened
I just received mine. It's decent and pretty much as expected except for one thing: the low mode is achieved by PWM and the frequency is very low (the same frequency as the non-copper Maratac AAA). So if you're sensitive to flicker, you might want to think twice before purchasing.

DLF

Newly Enlightened
More evidence that FlameOn was right, and the low mode is just an afterthought here. E.g., shouldn't runtime at 10-12 lumens be more than 14 hours for a regulated light? A 3v ICON is rated at 72 hours at 10 lumens.