Nitecore Defender Infinity memory

Bod

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,
I've just ordered an NDI but there's a whole weekend between when it arrives and when I'll get to play with it so I'm wondering if anyone knows if the user defined setting is memorised if you take the battery out?
I'll be using it for mountain biking and I'm looking to run it as high as possible for about 2 hours but I don't want to mess around with resetting the output if I run the battery out and have to change it at the end of an extended ride.
Thanks for your help and for helping me decide on what looks to be a pretty nice light, this place is such a great resource even if it's very dangerous for my wallet :naughty:

Moonshadow

Enlightened
As I understand it, it works the same as the Extreme - in which case yes it will remember your user defined setting.

Bod

Newly Enlightened
Blimey, I was hoping, but didn't expect that to be the case! I'm really looking forward to getting my dirty mitts on my new toy.
Thanks for your help Moonshadow, much appreciated

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can confirm that once you have set a level NDI will remember it even if the battery goes dead or you remove it. :)

The only way to change the set level is to memorize a different one.

Bod

Newly Enlightened
I don't think the NDI is bright enough for mountain biking.

It's just as a helmet torch so I can see detail in the trail, I've got 700 odd lumens on the handlebars. I've been using a Fenix LD10 on medium setting which ok but I'd love to be able to control the output depending on how technical the trail is which why I've gone for the NDI.
Once again, thanks for the input, it's so cool that everyone here is so helpful. If only I could somehow repay the sharing of knowledge; if anyone wants any bike help or wants to know about paint just let me know :D

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've owned and used one of the original batch NDIs almost every night since receiving it and haven't had the user defined setting changing on its own a single time between numerous battery changes.