Received my SL TL-2 LED, baaarrrffff !

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boy did I lose the lottery. I should send this one to the LED Museum for testing as the WORST green puke color I have ever seen.

Back it goes.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I'm expecting a SL TL-2 to review...I hope it doesn't have that "rotten dog urine green" color to it too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Only my original Reactor 2 and a homemade light have this color. Sounds like Streamlight QC wasn't paying attention when yours went by the QC guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Free

Enlightened
I am getting my TL-3 this week and I hope it looks a lot better. Where did you get your TL-2? Do they have a good return policy or are you sending it to Streamlight for a new one?

MikeF

Enlightened
You should send it to Streamlight. I just received a TL-3LED and it is whiter than several other flashlights I compared it with. Check here for the pics I posted. Link

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
My TL-3 LED was mailed today from Brightguy; always good service. I talked to Greg, and they are sending me another TL-2 LED to try.

I hate to return things like this, Brightguy didn't make the durn Luxeon. Somewhere, somehow, there has to be an answer to this binning/quality problem. The TL-2 I am returning must have been a 1 bin, not just a little green, I mean medium green, and half the brightness of my TT 3AA Luxeon. Just NOT acceptable in this price light.

It DID have a fantastic even focused beam. Just need a little white in it.

You would think that Surefire, and Streamlight, with their HUGE orders, could demand better stuff.