Ra Clicky Tailstand Attachment

pmek5

Newly Enlightened
I Just had to share this off the wall discovery.

I have read in this forum discussions regarding the Ra Clicky not really being able to tailstand because the switch actually sticks out past the housing or tailcap. And please let me make this point - that HDS does not advertise that it is able to tail stand, and I am not writing this thread to complain in anyway about that issue. Anyway, I love this flashlight, and always use the lowest setting as a night light. So as you can see, I have discovered a cheap; if not free tailstand attachment that works so well its scary. The attachment is from a water bottle from Costco, and their name brand water. Yea, its that new really short cap they went to. I don't know what prompted me to try this, but like I said it fits really like its designed for it. None of the old larger caps work. In a way I feel like I am degrading a really great flashlight by putting a plastic bottle cap on it, but it works. :thumbsup:

P5070003.jpg
[/IMG]

Lumenz

Enlightened
There are also posts about how to fix the protruding button. I have fixed the button on both of my Ra Clickys. And you are right that HDS does not advertise that the flashlight can tail stand, but they do advertise that the lights have a flush button and we both know that is not true.

MikeG1P315

Newly Enlightened
There are also posts about how to fix the protruding button. I have fixed the button on both of my Ra Clickys. And you are right that HDS does not advertise that the flashlight can tail stand, but they do advertise that the lights have a flush button and we both know that is not true.

Can you point me to the posts describing how to fix the protruding button?

Thanks!

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
This isn't perfect, but it does make it tailstand a bit more easily:

Remove the tailcap. Push the button all the way down while you screw the tailcap back on. Keep the button pushed at least until the o-rings are engaged. This will make the button lay more flat. It's the air pressure inside that bulges the button as the light is screwed together. Letting the light get hot, such as leaving it in the sun and screwing it back together then, would work even better as the air pressure would decreas more when it cools back down.

Last edited:

knightrider

Enlightened
An even more "elegant" solution is a Surefire filter with the lens removed. One of the moderators had this as a solution that works great and looks nice too.

I had a diffuser (F04 I think) that wasn't fitting the Executive series tightly anymore, it would just fall off. This is the filter I removed the lens from and use to allow my Ra Clicky to tailstand. It even works with the tactical button if you don't push it down as far.

I will be on the lookout for these new water bottle lids though. Great idea!

Hobbs

Newly Enlightened
How I made mine tail stand . . .

Drive into the mountains to about 6,000ft, take the battery out, put back battery and return home to 200ft. Works like a charm!

Lumenz

Enlightened
Read the post from matrixshaman.

What I did to make my Clicky's flush again is cut a little rubber off the outer diameter of the button. I tried this after trying the "get the air out" method did not work for me. There are different versions of the Clicky so what worked for one person may not work for you.