incredible minature models

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I've scratchbuilt some HO trains, but nothing I've done even comes close to the detail in that P51. Truly amazing!

gollum

Enlightened
nice work

thanks for showing

guess you're living up to your username lol

I guess these guys don't have interuptions from family etc...:poke:

1wrx7

Enlightened
Someone sent me an e-mail a few months ago with some pics of those model airplanes. I can't imagine the paitence it took to build those. The attention to detail is incredible.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
This kind of dedication to sweating the details is nothing short of amazing. Makes me feel like a total clod.

Geoff

nbp

Flashaholic
Trains and airplanes?! You said there would be models in this thread! ;)

But seriously, those are ridiculously good. I don't know much of anything about building models, but it's obvious the amazing skill and patience that went into those things. :rock:

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Here is another good one

http://www.minimodelengines.com/index2.htm

I used to belong to the same club the George did/does, and got to see most of those engines RUN - that inline 4 is amazing - he can NOT run it outside, because even a single piece of pollen can jam it

I have not been to the club since 2004 or so, so I hope he's still with us

WebWalker

Banned
I'm always in awe of dedicated craftsman, the folks who create masterpieces. I'm partial to works of metal.
My other hobby is firing my accurate firearms (targets only). The craftsmen there are mostly machinists. Smaller tolerances equal greater accuracy.
I was surfing around the other day and found miniaturization and the P-51. When I saw and examined Mr. Park's work I was speechless. Can you imagine the number of things he's had to teach himself? This is excellence at a whole new level.
Mr. Park won the 2002 'Metalworking Craftsman of the Year' award. So I'm visiting their site. To see other geniuses who'll blow your mind go to http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/awards.htm and check out their stories and creations (the ferrari!).

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent!
Enjoyable to see craftsmen like this. I wish my workshop was as nicely organized.