Quark Warm White XP-G's?

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I jsut saw on the 47's website that they will soon be getting limited shipments of their lights with warm white xp-g's, interesting.

Now I know these are less bright than the cool white versions and I have a pretty good idea of what the tint will look like, but I'm wondering about the beam pattern and runtime. I was under the impression that the older warm emitters had narrower hotspots and were also less efficient so shorter runtimes. Please correct me if I'm mistaken though.

So should these be less bright but still have the floody beams and good runtimes of the standard cool xp-g's?

bodhran

Enlightened
Looking at the release, 4Sevens states, the run times should be simular. The key word here is should, not will be. We'll have to wait and see.

tolkaze

Enlightened
There is mention of an approx ~28% hit in output, but runtimes *should* be the same.

I don't think the runtimes will be all that different. But just to be on the safe side, I'm gonna pre-order a preon and an AA

Rod911

Enlightened
thanks guys. This is very tempting.

They sure are. For the last two weeks, I've been contemplating on whether to get the Quark AA² Tactical, despite having the neutral version already (XR-E Q3 5A). I like the AA format (consolidating my lights to only be either AA or 18650 based), its UI and Craig's sneak peak on the tint makes me want to get another warm based light.

The MiNi AA has been pre-ordered, but I have an 18650 P60 based host and a ZL H501w on their way already.

Decisions, decisions...

chenko

Enlightened
I pre-ordered a Preon2. I'm very excited about trying those warm tinted leds! :)

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
So should these be less bright but still have the floody beams and good runtimes of the standard cool xp-g's?

Please have a look on this thread, this one should be merged into it perhaps :

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/274113#post3376783

The beam should not change at all with the tint of the LED, nor should the runtimes, as I guess the driver will stay exactly the same, it also did changing from XP-E to XP-G...

bodhran

Enlightened
Knowing 4Sevens tendency to be conservative with output and runtimes, I thinks it's going to be a great light no matter what. I'm still drooling over the beamshots....:huh:

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was under the impression that the older warm emitters had narrower hotspots

I know this has already been answered, but I thought you might like to look at some pictures. Both of these lights are Quark 123-2 XP-E R2's. Distance from Pine tree to lights is about 23 ft.

QuarkR2NW.jpg

QuarkR2.jpg

Latest posts