Got my ITP AAA today

FlameOn

Enlightened
All I can say is wow! I haven't bought a light in a few years and can't believe how far they have come...I've had an ARC turquoise on my keychain for the past 6 years and now I'm giving it to my wife for her keychain....but I think I'll use the clip on the ITP...as nice as it is, I don't think it would stand up to the same abuse as the Arc since it has a lens cover and the Arc bulb is nicely protected by it's depth..either way, I'm very happy...but now I'm thinking of something a little bigger...maybe a AA since this light is so small, I might lose it if it isn't on my keys...I think I got the bug...:)

vizlor

Newly Enlightened
Try the iTP A1. It's a little bigger, but still very small, and very impressive.

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
iTP A2 is a nice choice as it is slimmer than the dumpy A1 and uses one AA ... Both the A1 and the A2 come on in the low mode then the medium then high which I prefer to the A3 sequence ... Personal preference.

All three iTP A series are nice though and great value.

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a nice light for sure. I just got mine a few days ago as well. I like the low, low and the fact that it's easy to wear around the neck on occasion (camping, hiking, etc).

I've kind of skipped the AA size and my next step up light using 1 Cr123 and my bigger light uses 1 18650.

That's really all I need. I have a few more that I play with however!

uknewbie

Banned
I quite liked my ITP AAA also. Very nice slim small shape, good output, and I liked the feel and weight of the SS model. That said, the twisty for me was a nuisance. Not smooth enough and just seemed to take too much time to cycle through to get to high every time. Would be nice if there was a single or two mode twisty that didn't involve twisting back and forth.

I just received a Zebralight H501 yesterday. 1 x AA, nice flood light. A head torch primarily of course but I think it is very nice indeed. Really quick operation with the fantastic push button, good output and very small for a single AA, nice quality. Worth considering depending what kind of beam you are after.

sweetlight

Newly Enlightened
I quite liked my ITP AAA also. Very nice slim small shape, good output, and I liked the feel and weight of the SS model. That said, the twisty for me was a nuisance. Not smooth enough and just seemed to take too much time to cycle through to get to high every time. Would be nice if there was a single or two mode twisty that didn't involve twisting back and forth.

Just buy the single mode ITP AAA. I have it. Its even smaller and you always get high. I think its even a little brighter than the three mode one.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just buy the single mode ITP AAA. I have it. Its even smaller and you always get high. I think its even a little brighter than the three mode one.

Have to totally disagree with you,triple mode is just a tiny amount dearer and you have 3 options of light so you can have 3 different lights in 1 depending on usage.If I had bought the single mode for most jobs more than needed but as a night time trip to bathroom light the low mode is welcome and if I am using it as my edc which I do the medium mode is well bright enough plus I have that high in reserve for more light when needed.

Cost wise I win,spend a couple of quid(uk pounds) more but I getter longer runtime battery wise as I am using medium more but I could not really care about runtime costs,plenty of cells to use and plenty of lights to put them in.

And what is this bit about the light being even smaller? Both are exactly the same length.

Last edited:

Ian2381

Enlightened
I also have the ITP A3 on stainless steel and has been on my pocket since it arrived, small and durable. It even replaced my MiNi AA as EDC.
Now you might want a small thrower light.:twothumbs

FlameOn

Enlightened
I don't mind the sequence...middle works fine for most tasks...maybe low is next so you don't disturb anyone by turning it on full power before getting to low...like when reading a menu in a dark restaurant...

entoptics

Enlightened
Shamelessly promoting my videos. :whistle:

iTP EOS A3 Upgrade time lapse video on high mode

On high, the burn time was exactly as quoted by the manufacturer (80 lumens for 55 minutes), but iTP quotes medium as 18 lumens for 4 hours. As you can see in the video, mine only lasted ~2:45. I used a Duracell 800 mAh NiMH for the high run.

All in all, I LOVE the little light. As far as I can tell, it's nearly impossible to beat the EOS series in terms of value, and it's an outstanding light to give to nonflashaholics in the family.

Last edited:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ITP AAA single mode is shorter by a few mm compared to the 3 mode.

Not according to the makers specs it is not,but will bow to your knowledge as I only have the triple mode version so cannot compare it with a single mode light.

Spec for both standard and revised as quoted

Size: 6.65cm x 1.4 cm
Weight: 9 g

HKJ

Flashaholic
Not according to the makers specs it is not,but will bow to your knowledge as I only have the triple mode version so cannot compare it with a single mode light.

Spec for both standard and revised as quoted

Size: 6.65cm x 1.4 cm
Weight: 9 g

I measured my single mode to 65.7 mm and my upgrade to 69.5 mm in length

DSC_8339.jpg

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
All in all, I LOVE the little light. As far as I can tell, it's nearly impossible to beat the EOS series in terms of value, and it's an outstanding light to give to nonflashaholics in the family.

Have to say I tried it with 10440 batteries in it next to an LF2XT (same batteries) and fell in love with it again. It even looked good white wall hunting on high next to the Liteflux and that surprised me. Slightly cooler beam & not made for the liion's like the LF2XT, but a lot of fun for short periods.
The medium, then low, setting is the most used on my aaa lights anyway.

Everyone loves them as gifts, yup:party:.

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went rock climbing today and before I left the house I wore the A3 around my neck (under my shirt) rather than put it in my backpack. I figured it was so small I'd open the backpack pocket and I wouldn't notice it fall out.

I did it mainly though just because it was new and I wanted to play with it. I was going to take it off and stuff it somewhere after I got there.

I forgot and left it there all day. It's under the shirt, no one can see it and it's always available. It weighs almost nothing.

I think the neck carrying/wearing feature is it's best feature.