Best WOW for under $100?

Ace12

Enlightened
Whats the best light out for under $100 and is still pocketable that is sure to make most people say WOW when I turn it on. Don't have to be a super thrower, just a lot of light. I wear loose fitting cloths so my pockets can handle more than others. Something in the size range of Olights M20.

Last edited:

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe the Olight M21 Warrior. Although its more like 120. You can get it from battery junction with a discount which will save you a little though. Also not that pocketable. You could also wait for the soon to be released MG PLI SST-50 which will be around 60-70. Basically you should get something with an sst-50 I think.

carrot

Flashaholic
As long as you're going a little over budget, going slightly more to the Olight M30 will net you a nice increase in lumens and a great light that can still be pocketed.

Ace12

Enlightened
As long as you're going a little over budget, going slightly more to the Olight M30 will net you a nice increase in lumens and a great light that can still be pocketed.

A little on the big side for my taste. How about the T20C2 MKII?

Rexlion

Enlightened
+1 on the PLI. You might also consider the Quark RGB... not as many lumens as the PLI, but I guarantee the different colors will have your friends (and you) saying WOW. The RGB is a blast.

Ace12

Enlightened
I already have a Quark 123 and love it. I'm looking for something more tactical looking.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
My pockets may be large, but there not full of money.
I feel your pain brother! I would try the MarketPlace for a used beauty. You could get all sorts of nice lights for your budget. I buy almost all my keepers from the MarketPlace.

Good luck,

James....:wave:

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
A little on the big side for my taste. How about the T20C2 MKII?

I would recommend the T20C MkII over the Olight M21. I had both. Output is about the same, but I liked the T20 beam more and it has a more neutral tint.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would recommend the T20C MkII over the Olight M21. I had both. Output is about the same, but I liked the T20 beam more and it has a more neutral tint.

+2

The T20C2 MKII or the P20C2 MII. No matter the size of your pocket if you plain it to be a EDC light in the pocket I would say the P20. I can carry a lot in my pockets also but consider the T20 to big for it the P20 is almost to big but I holster carry it anyway so it doesn't matter. I prefer the light to be 4inch and under for my pocket (deep carry no clip) but no smaller than 3.5 or I just loose to much grip. Good luck on your search I'm sure you will find something to meet your needs.

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a Lumapower D-mini VX Ultra from Battery Junction for $100. (plus 5% off with discount) About 3.8 inches long with the 16340 IMR tube, and 550 lumens from an SST-50 run at 2.1 amps. Really nice hot spot for an SST-50. Throw is about 8000 lux. People are amazed at how much light that tiny little thing can put out. Comes with an 18650 tube also. You can run a Flat-top AW battery in it. Still a small light with an 18650. When you get into modding it is nice because the pill is easily changed or modded. Mine has a 2.8 amp driver and is over 700 lumens and making 12,000 lux. Turbo head due out next week. Will be over 30,000 lux I'm sure (factory stock light).

Last edited:

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the Electrolumens De-Cree XPG. Its a very simple light, but the heatsinking is more than adequate. It's a bit overbuilt. It should last quite a while. Well in short for me it's taken some of the fun out of flashlights. I haven't been able to find anything better yet.

Disintergrator66

Newly Enlightened
Whats the best light out for under $100 and is still pocketable that is sure to make most people say WOW when I turn it on. Don't have to be a super thrower, just a lot of light. I wear loose fitting cloths so my pockets can handle more than others. Something in the size range of Olights M20.

Jetbeam RRT-0,,,, very pocketable, cool as hell and well under a C note with Bugout Gear's 20% off discount.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
lummi raw (quote: friend "that tiny, pretty thing.. what is it.. a flashlight? its bright!" me: "yes it is.. now turn it further to full output". friend: WHoAA!)

lummi wee, even smaller but only one output and only 100lm max.

quark rgb for cool factor.. all those colors blinking.

mg pli for mce flood

solarforce L2m with mce dropin and battery from aw.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
For me the WOW of a really bright light is short lived. Unless you have a specific need for serious power it goes almost unused, except for play. I'd prefer to save my precious bucks for a more practical light that is multimode and pocketable. The real WOW is having it with you when the need arises.

Geoff

Ace12

Enlightened
For me the WOW of a really bright light is short lived. Unless you have a specific need for serious power it goes almost unused, except for play. I'd prefer to save my precious bucks for a more practical light that is multimode and pocketable. The real WOW is having it with you when the need arises.

Geoff

Good Point. The T20C2 has usuable power levels. It may be my next purchase.

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me it's a Inova XO3. I had one given to me from my boss that had the smooth reflector in it, I think it was a 90 lumen rated light but man was that thing bright! I ended up selling it to Troy (arewethereyetdad) and regret doing so. I just took another job with my company, one that calls me out at all hours of the day and night and needed a new no-nonsense light for the truck so I went down to Target and they had a XO3 but this one has a textured reflector and is rated at 135 lumens. I'm not sure what LED is in this thing but I was called out the other night and I compared the brightness to my Ra 170 and was quite pleased! It goes without saying but I think Inova's quality is exceptional as well. All for $51, which I think to be a great deal for this light!

Surnia

Newly Enlightened
To be completely honest, for those who don't use flashlights on a normal basis anything over 100 lumens is already a big wow to them. I keep my D10 (run on eneloops) on low so when I show it to them (shine it on my hand) they seem underwhelmed, and wonder why I spent so much money on such a dim light. Shortcut to max and still shining on my hand, almost everyone will recoil and say its very bright.

utlgoa

Enlightened
I think this $48.72 Aspheric flashlight would qualify. It is rechargeable, has a "Handle" and a LCD Screen that lets the user know how much battery power is left in the light.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.33757

Or go to your price limit and get the 4SEVENS Quark RGB. It has the Cree MCE LED that features a red, green, blue and white chip for $99.00.

http://www.4sevens.com/index.php?cPath=297_358

I also own the Led Lenser P7 (so what if it's not regulated) it has a Flood to Throw feature (that will make most people saw "WOW") and can be purchased for around $89.00.

http://www.lightsandknives.com/productid/892/0/1.html

Last edited: