EagleTac coming with SST-90

houtex

Enlightened
I wanted to share an email I received this week:

Hi, George

Thanks for your support. We will have a new model of M2 with SST-90 led coming up in a few weeks.

For your suggestion of the holster, i will forward it to our R&D department. Thanks!

Cheers,

Nicole

HKJ

Flashaholic
I do not believe it. The current M2 design does not have power or heat sink for a SST-90, but only for a SST-50.

riccardo

Enlightened
It will be interesting to see...
I want to buy the new RRT-3 but all discussion about its brightness on this forum (seems more a 3,5 amp than a 5) plus some shipping problems are making me loosing time..

An EagleTac with SST-50 or SST-90 would be great, if it will fall in the sub-200 dollars price range there will be nothing to decide!! ;)

As far as I understood reading the forum the EagleTac M2C4 is supposed to be well built and quite rugged, but I never saw one from close, what is your general opinion about this brand?

Last edited:

ichoderso

Enlightened
, SST 90 with 2x 18650 will not make good work.

why not??

with a good driver, and 8A LED current you need around 3,5-4A through the 18650 and this is ok for a good cell, the runtime is only 30-40 minutes, but you have more light than you need during this time:D

and because the heat, I think you can run such a small light only some minutes continously with full power, so this "full" mode is only a turbo mode for short times....and the "normal" mode can get 2-3A to the LED and you get a brightness similar to a 5-700 lumen MC-E or P7 flashlight and this is enough for the most time....

I will take one:twothumbs

Jens

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
I heard about this light a couple of weeks ago. When I asked if it will outperform the SR90, I was told it will. I have no idea how they will improve the heat sink to handle that unless they completely redesign the head. It sounds feasible, though.

AusKipper

Enlightened
I do not believe it. The current M2 design does not have power or heat sink for a SST-90, but only for a SST-50.

They could always be under driving it (to say.. 1200lm, or whatever they can get.)

tolkaze

Enlightened
They could always be under driving it (to say.. 1200lm, or whatever they can get.)

Yeah, thats what I am thinking. I'm not even convinced that the P7 and MCE versions are driven too their maximum, so driving an SST-90 to produce 1000+ Lumens OTF shouldn't be too hard for this form factor... if only for a little while.

Maybe it will have a forced thermal stepdown

utlgoa

Enlightened
THANK YOU JESUS! (I all most bought a Flydragon)

I wonder if Eagle Tac will beat the Maelstrom S18 to market ?

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Man, this sounds really unlikely. I'd much prefer a well driven SST-50 than a 1000 lumen SST-90.

sfca

Enlightened
I wanted to share an email I received this week:

Hi, George

Thanks for your support. We will have a new model of M2 with SST-90 led coming up in a few weeks.

For your suggestion of the holster, i will forward it to our R&D department. Thanks!

Cheers,

Nicole

I just hope Nicole oked the release of this info.