Att: Pro Modders, sum questions...

AS

Newly Enlightened
Thinking about modding my 3D mag...So, can you actually get a 3D mag (really) brighter with LS mod? Which mod suits this light better? 5- or 1 watt w/ stepups or direct drive? Got few 5W whites, LXHL-LW5C V1TW, are these 100h ones? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Thanks in advance,
R.S

jtice

Flashaholic
A 5W led with the stock M*G reflector is ALOT brighter and whiter than the stock mag.

Direct Driving a 5W is the brightest. But Im not sure you could do that effectivly with 3D's.
If you are wanting to keep the 3D setup, you will probably need a converter.

P.S. I am not "pro" modder. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
are these 100h ones?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean "100 hp"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
AilSnail said:
[ QUOTE ]
are these 100h ones?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean "100 hp"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he meant "1000h" - as in 1000 hour lifespan..

A 3D Mag can be used for a number of different mods. It all depends on what you want to do....... Throw or flood? Converter or direct drive? Long battery life (dimmer) or short battery life (bright)?

I'd say to search around the mod forum to get an idea of what you want to do, then ask questions that are a bit more pointed and take it from there. ....and I'm not a "pro" modder either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AS

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Sorry for the bad delivery fellas, what I'm looking for is it feasible to mod 3D with lessay 1W, with or without converter?

About another quiz, I meant: do I have a 1000-hour lasting chip or can I expect longer lifetime? Wouldn't like modding an expensive (yes it is in Finland, ~$35) flashlight with expensive LED with short lifetime...Though the model denotes LW5C which differs from portable (LW6C)...Any experience with this week batch or near one?

BR,
R.S

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know what the LW5C is? My datasheet (from www.lumileds.com) says the portable has a lifespan of 500 hours+.

According to that sheet it will use 200mA at 6 Volts, probably next to nothing at 4V.
I think you could use a BadBoy500 (check out sandwich shoppe forum) and get a longer lifespan?

Or you coud use a 1w with direct drive (too much?) or perhaps, with a resistor, or a Wizard (buck/boost board)

I am an infant modder.
Were in Finland are you?