I reached the one kiloPost mark!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is my first kiloPost (kP). One thousand posts, and an asterisk. Woohoo!

You know what's strange? It only took me 5 months 13 days to do it.
My posting will slow down quite a bit, I bet, when I start work at my new job on 04 AUG 03. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations shankus. I just recently did it myself.

They say that with experience comes wisdom. Now that you've passed that magic mark, what wisdom have you gained that might help the rest of us? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paul

highlandsun

Enlightened
Having endured many post-whores on other BBs, I'd say the better question anyone should ask themself is "what wisdom have you dispensed in all of those posts?"

Not that I'm pointing any fingers, just expressing a general opinion... I suppose if people rated individual responses, and you got stars based on the ratio of high rated posts vs total posts, it would be pretty cool.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Highlandsun,

You're right. Posts run the gamut from just an emoticon or a one line to those that are full of useful information. I find that my posts do run that gamut, depending mainly on how I'm feeling at the moment.

When I read the posts of others, I find I enjoy both. Sometimes I need some advice on what to do and want to hear wisdom. Other times I like to participate in some friendly banter.

So, I agree. That little number is not terribly important. But, for me, making a big deal out of it as we're doing here is a form of banter that I find a lot of fun.

Paul

D

**DONOTDELETE**

PaulW, you almost have equated the greater quantity with quality there; sometimes just one emoticon can be full of useful information.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

... and another example: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif

...see? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not a badge of honor, or anything like that.
It's just a milestone. But one that I couldn't believe had come so quickly. It's due to being unemployed. I bet the 2 kP mark will be another year in coming.

I have learned more than I have taught. I have also referred others to posts where the info they were looking for is, more than I have taught, as well.

And, in all this reading and posting, I still know nothing about incandescent lights. I have stuck strickly with LED lights.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
you are really missing out with sticking to the leds man...
i too thought i would only consider a led, but coming to cpf has shown me a world of things with regular bulbs, and they truly accell in some applicatoins.

i started off slow, because i didn't have anything to say. i then got to learn things, and my post count has sped up because i am able to answer questions for others. some of my posts are nonsense, but that is some of the appeal to cpf also, we can go a little off topic without getting bashed, we can post a little joke without getting scolded by a moderator, and we manage to do so (for the most part), well within reason and without injuring ourselves or others in the process.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right on, Roth. You have been my inspiration on that. A little bit of nonsense is often what the doctor has ordered. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Paul

Saaby

Flashaholic
Now you've done it roth. We're going to have to lock this up. Get your last words in...

Greta

Flashaholic
Thread closed. Such 'milepost' threads encourage boosting post numbers at the expense of post content. And seeing as how post count is not an issue anymore, there is no further reason for this type of thread to ever be posted again.

Status
Not open for further replies.