Any comments on Halogen Flashlights???

revbnc

Newly Enlightened
I was just looking through a catalogue and found a Halogen Flashlight.

It is called a Halogen Delta Beam and comes in a 6 or 9 volt model. They give the following information.

1.Lithium batteries
2. virtually indestructible
3. 6V=5" / 9V=6"
4. 6V= 155 Lumens (8,000 candlepower) / 9V= 201 Lumens (16,000 candlepower)

fb8b1677.jpg

I am just wondering what the more experienced Flashaholics think. Is it worth even checking out or is it just another over inflated exaguration to draw us light crazies to spend more $$$$$$ ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Depending on price, you might be able to find (if you don't already own like many of us!) an SF G2 or Peli M6 (both tried and true!) for the same or not much more money.

If you DO go for it, be sure and review it!!!

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
Well, the lumens and the candlepower figures are suspicious. I doubt that a 6V light without some kind of highly charged xenon bulb can produce 155 lumens. But then the figures are kind of wierd. The SL Scorpion is around 60 lumens but is listed as 60,000 CP. From the look of it, it's probably not a very high quality light, and probably isn't as bright as it sounds. Be careful! If its a good product, no doubt CPF would have heard about it already. Remember, you can always go with a SF G2 and have no worries. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

uhammer

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight spec out the Scorpion at "Candlepower: Up to 6,500."

evbnc,
How much are the lights? They look similar to SF 6P and 9P. Do you have any more detail specs? Wonder if you can stick the SF LA in them?

revbnc

Newly Enlightened
uhammer,

Here is where I found the information on them.

http://www.shoplifestyle.com/store/product.asp?pf_id=4826&source=ntrcs

hawkhkg11,
Thats exactly why I turned to CPF. Info on the latest and greatest is sure to be here ASAP. Thanks for the input!

I am also skeptical about he 155 and 200+ lumens. Will probably avoid unless someone comes out and says they have one already and it is worth the $$.

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could almost believe the lumen and candlepower ratings. I'm guessing that's why there is no mention of the runtime. 155 lumens from 6 volts does sound a bit high, it's more than the SF P61, and the run time would only be 15 minutes maybe. The 9 volt, 200 lumens sounds reasonable as the SF P91 is 200 lumens, but with only 20 minutes of battery life.

Size15's

Flashaholic
How many companies have making this type (2-3 cell) of lights have short runtime lamps? SureFire only has them as options.

Al