• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold: Ti Nautilus

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: The Titanium Nautilus

The Ti Nautilus has smooth twisting action, smooth knurling and an all around excellent fit and finish.
This light (one like it), is what got me started in admiring custom lights :twothumbs

Best of luck on your sale, this should sell itself.

Lisa

Drywolf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks a ton Dad, Lisa and Chauncey!!
This light is in super nice shape and has a great tint.
Thanks,
Frank

lovecpf

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast

F I wasn't saving for a Jeremy Marsh custom folder I would be all over this. Good luck with your sale.:wave:

fyrstormer

Banned

Looks like a first-run. I want to say it's an early Q5. I have an R2 and a Q5; the tint is very slightly different, but the brightness is comparable. You don't see any real difference in brightness until you get into the XP-Gs, but the Nautilus was discontinued before those came out.

For the record, I tried all manner of lubes on the brass threads on my Nautilus, and I ultimately settled on plain old sewing-machine oil. Titanium threads really need a lube that can re-flow across the threads after each twist, but because the mating threads are brass, that eliminates the need for strong adhesion because oil sticks to brass just fine. That makes maintenance very easy.

Also, since the shell is titanium, you can carry this in your pocket every day for years and not worry about what it will look like. Titanium passivates instantly, so it basically never ever corrodes.

So yeah, I have two of them, at $300 apiece, so that should tell you something about whether they're a good value.

Last edited:

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: The Titanium Nautilus now $315.00

I'll throw in some free SF123 cells to the buyer of this light. One of my favorites in CPF history. I miss my custom one badly.

A word of note - like fyrstormer I've also tried all different types of thread lubes for brass/titanium interaction. In my opinion, the best I found is 10W Nano-Oil (http://nano-oil.com/). Love that stuff.