How do you carry your Legion II?

Tomcat!

Enlightened
I received my Legion II just before Christmas 2009 and have been very please with it. One thing I like very much is the side-by-side battery layout which allows the light to be much shorter that other multi 18650 lights. It is, however, quite a hefty lump. Not the sort of thing that's easily pocketable or light enough to wear on your belt.

During winter I stuck it in a big coat pocket when I took it out to play, but now the weather is getting warmer I'm wearing lighter clothes, so there's no pocket room. Instead, I've been putting it in my EDC rucksack, but I'd still like some sort of pouch to stop it getting scraped on the other junk in there. I also want to have the torch more easily accessible, so after being unable to find a more traditional pouch/holster, I've decided that since my Maxped Vulture 2 rucksack has PALS webbing, I could use a Mini RollyPoly and stick it on the outside. The fit is not perfect though. Depth is fine, but the Rolly is a fair bit wider that the Legion so it does rattle around somewhat. I guess I could fashion a foam insert to stop that.

So far the Rolly is the best idea I could come up with for EDCing the Legion and does the trick, but I'm interested in how other owners carry theirs. Do you guys have a better way?

uknewbie

Banned
Too heavy to carry on your belt? I am a cop and carried a 3D Mag on my belt for years before I knew any better :poke:

I don't have a Legion although I have a similar problem with my M1X. Too long for pocket, no holster.

There are some universal belt holsters that would probably work. Ebay shows a lot of them. Not ideal but short of them making one themselves I can't think what else to do.

Tomcat!

Enlightened
It's probably easier on a 50mm Raines style duty belt resting on your hips but I don't fancy it directly on my trouser belt. A 3D Mag must have been a pain.

I prefer bezel down carry which is a problem for 'big head' torches, hence the Rollypoly idea.

Last edited: