Looking for advice on a new EDC light.

Brian321

Enlightened
Ok so i currently carry a Jetbeam RRT-0, but i like to switch things up every now and then so i need another EDC.

I need something small yet bright and durable.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

ETA: I really dont want a quark mini 123 either. Thanks.

Last edited:

HIDblue

Enlightened
Check out the Fenix PD20 R2...

smaller than the RRT-0
surprisingly bright for the size
durable
good UI
only uses one (1) primary CR123a
has a removable pocket clip
reverse clickie
190 lumens on turbo (1hr)
96 lumens on high (2.8 hrs)
48 lumens on medium (7 hrs)
9 lumens on low (35 hrs)
and the annoying SOS feature

I've been carrying this thing every day for over 6 months now and aside from battery changes, I've never had a problem with it. I think they sell a new PD20+ version now.

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have also a look at Dereelight C2H. :cool:

352n9dg.jpg

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Brian what size are you thinking? If your thinking pocket size like the RRT0 I just got the Jet-I Pro and I like it even more then my RRT0, on 14500 the Jet-1 rocks and is less ringy then the RRT0. If you want to spend a bit the Surefire E1B is fantastic, nice build solid switch and the TIR optic is great throwing a nice big hotspot.

If you can go up in size to a 2xcr123 the Eagletac P20C2 MKII is very bright and made well. The beam is near flawless with OP reflector. Great price for what you get to.

frisco

Enlightened
I like most people here on CPF have way more flashlights than the law allows. I have the full range from cheap Chinese to full on exotic customs.
For the last maybe 3 years since they first came out I have been using everyday(EDC) and very happy with the Nitecore Defender Infinity. The UI is pretty easy and clever, uses AA size battery, Alkaline or 14500 LiIon, Very good Type lll anodize, Very high quality build, VERY TOUGH and DURABLE.

frisco

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the replies so far. How good are the nitecore lights?

Please keep all suggestions coming.

Thanks,
Brian

I find the build quality on the Nitecores are excellent as are the Jetbeams that you are familiar with. I'd check out the D10 or EX10. The Extreme is nice too, but larger than it needs to be. The piston lights have a very nice compact design. Just out of curiosity, why are you not interested in the Quark? From what I've read, they're fine lights!

Brian321

Enlightened
I find the build quality on the Nitecores are excellent as are the Jetbeams that you are familiar with. I'd check out the D10 or EX10. The Extreme is nice too, but larger than it needs to be. The piston lights have a very nice compact design. Just out of curiosity, why are you not interested in the Quark? From what I've read, they're fine lights!

I am not interested in the quark because i have the Preon 1 and 2 and i am not that impressed, I dont mean to talk bad about them, they are just not my cup of tea. There is a few things i dont like but i will not go into details as i dont want to start anything.

Thanks,
Brian

nathan225

Newly Enlightened
I have a fenix pd20 and it is relly bright and small but I also like the looks of the nitecore lights