Ultrastinger is back from repair!

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
Just sent it in to get the reflector updated. so they changed the head assembly and switch. I didn't even know the switch was bad...

axolotls

Enlightened
fully textured? hmmm. mines half and half. not happy about the ring. but it's actually my main torch... and man does that baby throw.

axolotls

Enlightened
It's also what I put in my coffee this morning.
grin.gif

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
Well its finally back, and they gave me a new head assembly, as well as a new switch, covered by warranty
smile.gif

The odd thing is, the whole reflector (the new reflector) is fully textured. But it looks awesome. Very happy with streamlight...Took about 2 weeks total for the repair work to be done and shipped back.

I'll have to stop by my local police shop and get a new one out of the box and look and see if the relfector is the same as mine...oh well, even if I didn't get some two part reflector, it still looks amazing...

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
Thats odd, i wonder why they would change the reflector to something that is not the latest...Maybe I was wrong in saying that they had good customer service.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it depends on what generation of Ultra you have.

The older US's had internal threads on the body, and thus a different head design. Early on in the production of the light, two reflectors were made for it: A shiny stipled and a smoothish one that had very small, almost dull stipling. I think there may have been a third reflector with a half and half pattern, but I'm not too sure.

The latest generation Ultras have external threads on the body, and come with the shiny, half smooth/half stipled head.

If you have an older US, you may have received the most current version of head available for it, but not necessarily the latest head unit for the latest generation US.

--dan

Tombeis

Enlightened
ReconTech:

Dan is correct. There are two versions of the Ultrastinger. That may be the reason for the fully textured reflector.

The main thing is that you are happy with the beam. Personally, I think the half and half reflector is a bit too narrow a beam. The fully textured reflector will produce a better beam for general use.

axolotis: The half and half is the reason you have been gaining weight. Switch to 1% for better health.
smile.gif