aspieman

Newly Enlightened
Thought I would introduce myself.

First personal is Paul and have a slight electronic background from my ham radio days however that was a very long time a go but managed to pass my full ham license and have a M0 callsign.

I,ve always been mad about torches and about 5 years a go I got obsessed with torches and went out and brought every maglite version that they sold, At that time I lived in the countryside and with no street lights and surrounded by fields with frequent power cuts so could not get my hands on enough torches.

I also brought many 1 and 3 million candle bulky torches what were brillaint but would only last for around 20 minutes on the battery and would take 16 hours to re charge.

Anyway 5 years later and I have a garage full of non working torches and housefull of dim beamed maglites.

My re interest of torches started up last week when my daughters boyfreind sold me his old P7 led lenser for £30 and since then I'm now back into the obsessive hobby of wanting more power and light and owning every torch on the planet.

I have a condition called high functioning autism which is very similar to aspergers which is to blame for my obsessive nature and many days and weeks dreaming about modding things and inventing things!

Before I know it weeks and months fly past :thinking: lol

I was totally amazed at how much bright white light the P7 Led Lenser throws out and now I'm ashamed to even hold one of my maglites so now I'm planning to search out the garage for my old trusted soldering iron :naughty:

I,ve been reading the forums here for a couple of days and the mods here really get me excited, Some you guys have some real talent and I'm impressed at some of your designs.

I'm not sure if I will get around to designing by own as have 3 children with asd so lead a very hectic lifestyle but I'm considering in trying out some of your mods to get me back into the swing of things. :grin2:

Paul

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, aspieman :)

I'm moving your post to the General Flashlight discussion section.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF's Paul! Glad to have you here. I too am impressed by all the modifications performed by some of the members here on CPF. Not enough to go out and buy a soldering iron or lathe yet...but I have thought about it! :thumbsup:

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

Wow, you actually bought all the Maglites? If you could, please take a photo of your Maglite line up as I don't think that I've ever seen a 100% complete collection of all their models before.

Whatever you do, do not throw away any of those old Maglites. As you can see if you go into the modified lights forum, old Maglites never die! They just get modified into something better and better. :thumbsup:

Also Maglite modding is a *LOT* of fun! I haven't ventured much beyond the LED drop-in realm, but even that was a blast and I really enjoyed making a somewhat more personalized form of a very common light. Give it a go and you'll have a whole new aspect of this hobby that you might really enjoy.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF!!
You'll fit right in here.

my son is high functioning autistic too... and a flashahaulic as well. He likes wearing a zebralight headlamp when hes reading, building legos or scale model cars. the headlamp helps him zero-in and focus his concentration.

:grouphug:

Ksailork

Newly Enlightened
Welcome Paul :welcome:

My oldest son has Aspergers. He turns 26 tomorrow. We joke with each other - I am a flashoholic, he is the ham radio equivalent. I wish I had his willingness to modify; I am more timid in that respect.

I hope you enjoy the forum. I bet you will.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well Paul you couldn't have come to a better place....

Read a bit and frequesnt teh Hoem and Modified Flashlights Section...

you got the knowledge and these old maglite to work on....

73 de SW2MKL......

(that is "greetings from my HAM callsign" for those that do not know the speak)

Foxfyre

Newly Enlightened
Hi Paul :welcome:.

Get ready for a fun ride on the flashlight roller coaster :thumbsup:

73 de K4VIP :wave:

edelbrock

Newly Enlightened
:welcome: You already have a great start with all of the Mag's. Now the fun begins with the modding. :twothumbs