Lumapower Signature TACTICAL VX SST-50

buzzz

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I am new to LED-Lights and need some advice.

Right now I just got a Fenix LD20 which I like very much but a little more throw would be nice for outdoor activities.
So I am thinking about getting a Lumapower Signature TACTICAL VX SST-50 because this light seems to be bright(500 lumens) and versatile with the two reflectors.
I also like the small weight and size because a 500gr light would not be acceptable for me.

Question is what kind of throw/range can I expect from this light with the TF reflector? I would be very happy to hear some insight from someone who got this light.

astanapane

Newly Enlightened
Hello dear buzzz,

i do have the Signature VX SST-50. It is very good and very bright flashlight. As far as i can tell the different on the brightness of a flashlight you can see it in the dark.

For example i walk everyday and run on the mountains. I carry two flashlights with me.

1) NITECORE SR3 225 lumens
2) Signature VX SST-50

When i want just to see about 50 meters away i turn on the Nitecore but the time i need to see really everything in about 100 meters or more the signature VX SST-50 makes the different.

buzzz

Newly Enlightened
When i want just to see about 50 meters away i turn on the Nitecore but the time i need to see really everything in about 100 meters or more the signature VX SST-50 makes the different.

Thanks for your input astanapane. Sounds like it is a good upgrade for my LD20 which is fine but not too good for greater distances. :)

Latest posts