" M20 versus new M20/M20S "

TOQ

Newly Enlightened
I own an older M20 R2 Premium and have enjoyed using it. Works fine for what I need a light for. I know there is a newer updated version now available and was wondering if anyone has had a chance to compare the old versus the new side by side as yet? The box for my M20 says it has a max throw of 250 meters, the new M/20 box states a throw of 280 meters. Okay so about a hundred feet further more or less for the newer model, which would be great for where I live and use one. I've also heard the new M20 is not considered a "thrower" and has more spill than the older unit? If so does this mean that longer advertised beam is a wider beam as well with a larger hot spot at the end?. I may have to buy the new one if the comments and reviews on it come back favorably..................???

Thanks..........Terry

TOQ

Newly Enlightened
This post is already getting buried to where no one is going to even see it let alone respond to it. You mean to tell me there is no one out there that can comment on what I have asked? Okay, I'll go figure it all out for myself, just thought it would be neat to get some feedback from a few of you that have already received the new M20 and have had a chance to put it thru its paces, etc....................

Alberta-Blue

Newly Enlightened
I'd love to help ya out there bro... the the M20-R5 and M20S-R5 are still very young and people (including myself) are probably still waiting on their M20/M20S packages to arrive from the flashlight fairy.

Give it some time and I am sure you will see a "Selfbuilt" review on the M20-R5/M20S-R5 and there will be PLENTY comparisons along with some "which is better" threads.

As for what you can presume about the M20-R5/M20S-R5 compared M20-R2 is a floodier beam profile with slightly less throw and slightly more overall output and MAYBE a brighter hotspot. If you have or have used an M30; the M20S will be pretty well identical as far as UI is concerned from my understanding.

Hope that helps.