Weird issue with new Streamlight Stylus Pro

jastone7373

Newly Enlightened
Hi CP--

I wanted to ask the experts a question about my new stylus pro. UPS dropped of two brand new Stylus Pro's for me today (one is a gift for a friend).

Anyway, before I opened them, I tried to switch on the light through the packaging-- the packaging allows you to "push to test." Neither light would activate-- i figured both of them needed new batteries from the get-go.

I opened one and switched out for brand new batteries and still NOTHING. I must have clicked the switch 50 times. Then, all of a sudden, it started to work. I even switched back to the old batteries and it works fine. The other, unopened, light now mysteriously works through the "push to test" packaging too.

I'm concerned that neither brand new light worked right out of the box. Sure, they work now, but they have not inspired much confidence.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks..

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

Make sure both the head AND the tailcap/sw is tight. I've had my tailcap come loose while holding it to change batteries (unscrewing head) and didn't notice it. It's easy to do. That's about the only suggestions I can offer.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
That would be my only suggestion as well. Once they are screwed on tight, they have never loosened for me, but if it is loose, connection will be problematic as the thread anodizing is pretty solid on these.

I've EDC'd one of these for maybe a year now and the only intermittent issue I've had was once, when it wasn't screwed together tight. These are great lights, I've gifted a few by now and there have been no issues.
:welcome: +1

jastone7373

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the responses..

Actually since i made that post, it started having intermittent issues again. I made 100% sure that the tailcap is screwed on tightly. I called Streamlight and they're willing to send me a new tailcap (free).. also contacted the retailer and they will exchange the light for me (will have to pay to ship it, however). WWCPD?

jastone7373

Newly Enlightened
Actually.. now that i think about it... i don't recall making sure the head was screwed on tight---- Actually, i think i remember trying to screw it on/off and found that it wouldn't budge. I'll have to inspect it again when i get home..

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another plus for Streamlight products.I have used the little brother of the Stylus Pro as my EDC for over 2 years and never had an issue,sold my Stylus Pro as I prefer single cell lights.

I think maybe the lock out was on your lights and all seems well now for you.To operate the lock out you turn the top part anti clockwise a couple of turns and the light will not switch on.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually.. now that i think about it... i don't recall making sure the head was screwed on tight---- Actually, i think i remember trying to screw it on/off and found that it wouldn't budge. I'll have to inspect it again when i get home..
Come to think of it myself, I just remembered that the head on these are glued on. :eek: I had removed mine some time ago so I could use an L0D head on it. It... screws on and off and that's the way I change batteries in it. So if it's not the tailcap/sw on yours, it's something inside the head. That would warrant an exchange.

Latest posts