headlights that don't last

pteam

Newly Enlightened
I need a bright headlight for my employees at my business, working mostly on automotive stuff. I'm currently using the h60 zebralight that uses one 18650 battery. We have 3 of them and all of them have broke at one point or another. They suddenly just stop working after short periods of times only a few months. Sending them back and getting a return takes months and the last one we sent back got returned to sender.

What other bright headlight options are there with similiar or more lument output and preferbly flood beam? The h60 puts out 190 lumens. Any suggestions on something that won't break in 2 months?

AusKipper

Enlightened
I agree that the mod should probably move this to headlights, though even down there Zebralight gets many recomendations.

I have 2 Zebra H501's and have had neither fail. 1 has had a significant amount of use.

I do remember there being a thread in the headlight section a while ago questioning the reliability of Zebralight, though mostly due to waterproofing issues.

I also have a Fenix HP10, and while its a great headlight, i'm not sure it would be suitable for your task (throwy beam, very bulky compared to the Zebra, diffuser for the HP10 will drive you insane by reflecting some light back in your eyes)

The HP10 also has a cord that runs from the battery pack to the front lamp, that I can imagine getting caught on things as a mechanic. It is a very durable light on the whole though, and I have taken it under water before and it did fine, if water proofing is an issue.

Other than that your probably looking at the other Fenix headlight, or things like Princton Tech's or Petzels.