Fenix E01 problem?

rydude07

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys!

I got a new Fenix E01 and it seems a bit weird. I turn it on, and when i slowly untwist the head to turn it off, it will turn off. Then as I untwist it more it turns back on again and then turn it more then it turns off.

I do not know why it turns back on after it turns off when I unscrew the head.

I hope I am making sense lol. If not, I can clarify. Does this happen to you guys?

Thanks in advance!!

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
Are you pressing the head towards the body of the light as you unscrew it?

When it's not unscrewed all that far it's possible with pressure to make the circuit complete by pressing the head towards the body of the light.

rydude07

Newly Enlightened
Are you pressing the head towards the body of the light as you unscrew it?

When it's not unscrewed all that far it's possible with pressure to make the circuit complete by pressing the head towards the body of the light.

Wow i feel like an idiot. :banghead: I think i was accidentally pressing it ever so slightly in when i unscrewed it which turned it on. :ironic: :oops:

Thanks for your help! Such a quick answer too!! lovecpf

Mods can close this thread or leave it open for other people to find.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

daf3m

Enlightened
Also try to keep clean the contacts and don't use too much force while twisting on because you will harm the contacts:caution:

ragweed

Enlightened
I like my E01 & it will do this also & come back on. Good advice here from everyone. The E01 is almost bullet proof & I have one stashed in my glove box with a lithium primary for road emergency.

sabre7

Enlightened
The E01 is almost bullet proof & I have one stashed in my glove box with a lithium primary for road emergency.

I had the same idea but chose the Gerber Infinity Ultra with lithium AA because it has a much longer runtime and has a reverse clip to use on a hat brim for hands free use to check under the hood or for road emergencies. A light with strobe might be a good idea too.

Dark Laser

Newly Enlightened
Something weird happened to my E01, too:
I recharged the AAA I had in it and wanted to put another one in it (Varta Accu+ Ultra, 750mah). It worked before with that particular AAA, but this time, it just flickered. So I turned the light and it went off. I turned it back and it went on again. Just like the dimming function of the Mag XL100, but on/off :laughing:
Well, the "problem" was fixed by a piece of metal that I stuffed into the battery compartment...